International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving from Audio only to Video?

IAIB Broadcaster

Moving from Audio only to Video?

Are you considering moving your audio podcast to audio + video?

I will be starting a new show soon all about VidBlaster. One of the segments in the show will feature VidBlaster users (besides me!) that are doing cool broadcasts and other intriquing uses of the s/w. I'd like to do a video documentary of someone's discussions and processes of moving their audio-only podcast to audio + video.

I think there are many folks who are considering the move and it would be interesting to get a behind the scenes look at the thought process and the action process.

Any takers? PM me with ideas.

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Yes I am considering moving from audio to video but I will be using wirecast for my video switching, As I have much experience with it.

I do like your show idea and I think it will be a good resource for people switching would love to watch!
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

IAIB Broadcaster
    RD - Have had a good response so far from folks thinking about moving (like you) and folks who have already made the move. I'm looking forward to should be some interesting discussions from show guests on this subject.

Now, if we could just convince you to try VidBlaster, we could get you on the show.

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    I have used VidBlaster many times and I like it but I have an issue with having the lower thirds I like to have them change like they do in wirecast. If you need help with the show let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    I will be starting a new show soon all about VidBlaster. One of the segments in the show will feature VidBlaster users (besides me!) that are doing cool broadcasts and other intriquing uses of the s/w. I'd like to do a video documentary of someone's discussions and processes of moving their audio-only podcast to audio + video.
    I'll be glad to help Tom.

Personally I think Wirecast has much deeper compositing capabilities. It also seems to use less CPU resources.
    Given that each shot can have 7 layers and then there are 5 master layers on top of that, one can layer by shot which is composited or layer on master layers, which allows independent layer control. Also Desktop Presenter carrying video and audio over LAN from any computer is major useful.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    Personally I think Wirecast has much deeper compositing capabilities. It also seems to use less CPU resources.
    Given that each shot can have 7 layers and then there are 5 master layers on top of that, one can layer by shot which is composited or layer on master layers, which allows independent layer control. Also Desktop Presenter carrying video and audio over LAN from any computer is major useful.
    So maybe you can do a show about WireCast and show us how to use it? (or something like what Tom is planing to do with VB). I tried to use wirecast many times and still can't figure it out. Vidblaster was very easy to start using.

I'm sympathetic with the challenges of learning Wirecast.
    Telestream does have some stuff to help
    A Blog
    http://blogs.telestream.net/wirecast/

Wirecast YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WirecastTube?feature=watch

a streaming show called WireastHelps. The shows also are on TheTechBuzz's YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thetechbuzz/featured

They'll appear here as well
    http://www.thetechbuzz.net/shows/wirecast-helps/

and Live here on most Thursdays as Stephan Heywood hosts along with Telestream's Eric Norrell
    http://www.thetechbuzz.net/live/

and the basic Telestream tutorials
    http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/demos.htm

I've done some presentations on Wirecast in NYC area and will probably do more.

IAIB Broadcaster
    @ Amnon: You were already on the top of my list!

@ RadarGaming & cseeman: Maybe we need to do a show about VidBlaster and Wirecast and demonstrate the excellent features of each.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    I'm sympathetic with the challenges of learning Wirecast.
    Telestream does have some stuff to help
    I looked at some of the tutorials in the past, nothing came out of it. I spent way too many hours trying to figure it out, nothing. Well, this afternoon I had an almost one-on-one with Joe de Max, and in no time (well, an hour or two) I began to grasp the basis of WireCast. I am a long way from actually changing to it, but at least I can now play with it and configure it to do what I need. Tutorials are done by experts who start off with the notion that the user has basic knowledge of what they are talking about. When you use VidBlaster, the ideas and principals of WireCast are hard to grasp. Joe made it easy to understand.
    Thanks again Joe :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast