International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vMix 2012 v3 Released!

IAIB Industry Provider

vMix 2012 v3 Released!

I am proud to announce the release of vMix 2012 v3!

This major release includes many new features including a Touch Button Web Interface for Tablet PCs, Fade To Black and a much improved Desktop Capture facility.

vMix is a Software Video Mixer, Switcher and Streamer that has been designed from the ground up to support high definition sources with only modest system requirements.

Check out this simple demonstration video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8cwO2V2KbA

Some of its major features include:

* Support for multiple live full HD cameras at full frame rate
    * Multiple input formats supported including Video, Audio, Alpha Channel Graphics, RTMP, PowerPoint and Remote Desktops
    * Support for overlays and compositing through the MultiView feature. Combine any inputs together in a fully customisable arrangement.
    * Live high quality chroma keying
    * Video Delay feature supports full-motion and slow-motion replay of notable events in your production.
    * Up to HD quality Streaming supported through Flash Media Live Encoder, Microsoft Expression Encoder, Skype etc.
    * Record your production to file in AVI, MKV, MPEG-2 or WMV format.

Download the latest version from below:

http://www.vmix.com.au/download.aspx

A 60 day trial is available along with a free basic edition that supports up to 4 inputs including 2 cameras.

Any comments or suggestions let me know, i'm always trying to make vMix the best it can be.

Thanks,

Martin
    vMix

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Does vMix have a virtual camera output to work with Skype and Google Hangouts? I'm not familiar with it, but I'll definitely check it out.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

IAIB Industry Provider
    Yes, it includes a virtual camera output that can be configured to 320x240 for skype and any resolution for Google Hangouts and most other programs.

Why is Skype limited to 320x240 when other programs are not? Do you have plans to remove that limitation? Internet broadcasters need to be able to stream return video to their show participants. Low resolution video is better than no video, but if the host is doing screen sharing with text or drawings, as an example, the remote user will probably not be able to read the text on the screen.

Some of us here will surely check out your software. Thanks for posting about it.

IAIB Industry Provider
    Its actually a Skype limitation. (in version 5 at least).
    There are a few forum discussions over at the skype forum on how to set the skype capture resolution to something higher, but don't blame vMix it is just what skype requires by default!

EDIT: Here is an example forum thread: http://community.skype.com/t5/Video/...510/td-p/56822

Well, I'm not sure I was blaming anyone. I was asking. Are you saying that if Skype removes the limitation, vMix will stream at the higher resolution?

IAIB Industry Provider
    Correct. I mentioned 320x240 to help those that were looking to use vMix with Skype as they can get stuck when setting the vMix streaming resolution to something higher.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Really like some of the features you've added, but like before, the interface is completely impossible to use. I really think it has potential to go far, but the interface needs to be similar to that of the TriCaster or Broadcast Pix for it to be adopted by professionals.

I just installed Vmix on our production machine. I Would like to spend some time with it this weekend and see how some of the features work for us.

IAIB Industry Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by joedemax View Post
    Really like some of the features you've added, but like before, the interface is completely impossible to use. I really think it has potential to go far, but the interface needs to be similar to that of the TriCaster or Broadcast Pix for it to be adopted by professionals.
    We have plenty of professionals using vMix on a daily basis who actually find the interface refreshing so I guess we can't please them all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast