International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS. It Looks Awesome

YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS. It Looks Awesome

"Earlier this year, YouTube announced plans to support videos running at 60 frames-per-second—plans that would make a huge difference for footage of video games. Today, the video network has finally started rolling out the new service, and you can already tell that this is going to be wonderful.

You need Google Chrome to watch YouTube videos at 60FPS, and you need to watch them in HD, but my god, they look goddamn phenomenal. I mean, look at the Mario Kart 8 video above. (Make sure you set it to 720p or 1080p first.) Look how smooth that is."
    Source: http://kotaku.com/youtube-finally-su...542/+ericlimer

I just watched this video. Looks great. I wonder how this will impact Video podcasters? Are people recording their shows at 60fps?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I just watched this video. Looks great. I wonder how this will impact Video podcasters? Are people recording their shows at 60fps?
    It depends on the look they want. I hope this feature also works during live broadcasts using YouTube Live. It would be nice to test this out with a Sony PXW-X70 (3G-SDI output and 4K future proof firmware upgrade.)