International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to IAIB

New to IAIB

Hello, I'm new to IAIB, but not new to radio or internet broadcasting. We've been doing a half-hour show on Blog Talk Radio for about five years now and I'm wondering if we should switch to a different/better provider. Would really appreciate your suggestions.

Hey Robert welcome to the site.

It depends on what you are looking to do. BTR has a decent community and call switchboard but the audio quality is not that great.
    What other platforms are you considering? You dont need to stick to one platform try as many as you can

Hey Andrew, thanks for the quick reply. We're considering going to an hour but keeping the format about the same for the short term. Agree on the quality of audio with BTR, but they do make it easy. I would like to see a platform do a bit more marketing and promotion, plus I'd like to investigate monetizing the show as well. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed. Cheers...

What type of equipment are you working with currently?

very marginal...just use my iphone and ear bud...no real mic other than that. I've wanted to upgrade for a while, but want to do that when the business aspect of the show improves. I've used the show as a marketing channel since inception. Never really thought I'd last for five plus years or want to do more. I was in radio early in my career before jumping to print. The show is fun and we do have lots of listeners, but it needs to ramp up.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    What is your show on BTR?
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Robert Thompson's Thought Grenades ( I also had two others for a while...Robert Thompson's Green Leader and Robert Thompson's Leader As Coach...but I stopped doing those not too long after). TG has been steady since March of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertHThompson View Post
    very marginal...just use my iphone and ear bud...no real mic other than that. I've wanted to upgrade for a while, but want to do that when the business aspect of the show improves. I've used the show as a marketing channel since inception. Never really thought I'd last for five plus years or want to do more. I was in radio early in my career before jumping to print. The show is fun and we do have lots of listeners, but it needs to ramp up.
    You are a perfect candidate for an AT2005USB/XLR Mic. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...gufrquponet-20

Thanks Andrew...looks good. I assume it will plug in to my iphone...does it come with a headset too?

It's a USB Microphone so it doesn't connect to the iPhone. Any specific reason you are using an iPhone and not a computer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast