International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio options for C920?

I thought I'd go "all in". In my mind's eye I see things like this diagram from MS Paint. Cables are color-coded. Dotted lines are "what if's". The room is about 20' long by 14' wide so it goes back further to the left and down than the drawing shows. 9' acoustic ceiling. The wall at the top of the drawing is 50% glass with eastern exposure and blinds. I have a lot of control over the natural light and I'll be doing this during the daytime.

The floor is carpeted and the HVAC comes in from the roof of the building. Other than a nice neighbor whose voice cuts through the wall, it is very quiet. He is only there half days so I can work around that.

Studio HWM.jpg

The C920 is a USB camera so it goes to the USB Hub. I could also use the Canon or get a dedicated camcorder.
    I'll get a little mixer for the microphone feeds and they go out USB to the computer too or use the Scarlett 2i2.
    The teleprompter monitor just replaces one of the three on my desk.

My assistant (whose eyes are still fine) can see both my remaining 24" monitors from her chair. I'm in the chair directly across from the teleprompter. Prompter on monitors 2/3, webcam software on 1. I could also move that monitor to her little desk. The resolution for the old monitors is low which is what the prompter software wants anyway so I have to use two monitors to get that right.

If needed, I can get an audio recorder
    If needed, the mixer can go to one of the computer 3.5mm audio in's
    If helpful, the audio feed can go to the power amp (which it probably can anyway with the Win 7 setup)

That's the envisioned set-up. I have everything but the mixer. The Scarlett 2i2 could probably fill in. I'll try it first before getting the mixer -- probably a Q802. I have the ATR2100 mic for the boom but may get an AT875r if I need something more directional.

No live streaming. Everything will be shot, cut and reviewed by regulatory personnel before distribution. That's why the editing software is extra critical. I may need to change a word here or there or delete/add parts plus disclaimers.

I hope you'll excuse the Paint drawing but it does convey the thought better than words. If any recommended software jumps to mind, I hope you will comment. I could see using overlays, cuts or transitions to graphics and possibly a little music for the opening and closing -- not sure about that yet. The first few will be bare-bones.

Cheers, sh

IAIB Broadcaster
    Agreed I think we need to start pushing amps for dynamic mics.
    Get a PC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12