International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Wirecast with Yosemite?

Wirecast with Yosemite?

Been reading alot about Wirecast problems with Yosemite. What types of problems are being experienced by users here. I tested it a couple of days and had issues with responsiveness to mouse clicks, and generally sluggish performance. I will be downgrading back to Mavericks until Wirecast 6 or a sufficient patch is available.

Not many here will have upgraded their production systems. Some may have test systems available to do such testing though.

I'm certain that those using Wirecast on a Mac are keeping close tabs on the Telestream forums, for updates and information about Yosemite compatibility. The topic thread on their forum is interesting to read, but also a bit sad to see, when considering how many people have upgraded their production systems without regard to compatibility and then complain about it.
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

Wirecast 5.0.3 is working for some people on Yosemite.
    Some people are experiencing "button lag" where button either have to be hit twice or there's a response time of many seconds for the function to execute. This experience may vary each time you open Wirecast or happen over time while using it.
    Some have been helped by using Wirecast Help>Send Support Information and using the Reset Preferences button.
    Since one doesn't know for sure which experience you'll get it might be safe to hold off on upgrading to Yosemite.
    Telestream has confirmed they are investigating this.

In generally, I'd hold off upgrading to a new OS until a developer releases an OS specific update or officially states they've confirmed one may not be necessary. For example, Apple hasn't released any OS updates for their ProApps (FCPX, Motion, Compressor, Logic) and there are reported issues in many of those apps.

It is never a good idea to upgrade to the Latest OS before you know your software is 100% compatible on your production machine. Wirecast generally releases an update a month or so after the release of the OS

Agreed. Often there are last minute changes just before the OS is released that can impact things. In many cases, developers might feel their expending resources to be compatible during an OS bets only to find all their work is disrupted due to another change in the OS just before release.

Several of Apple's own ProApps are having a few issues with Yosemite. Little things in FCPX but some more significant in Apple Motion. If you're a professional you wait until you get the blessing or the update specifically from the developer.

There will be an update to Wirecast 5 fixing the Yosemite issues. Don't have a specific date (there really can't be when testing issues like these) but i've heard it won't be too long.

Telestream released Wirecast 5.0.4 which is now Yosemite compatible.
    On the left side of the page.
    http://dynamic.telestream.net/downlo...rodid=wirecast

Wirecast 5.0.4 (Mac OS X only) Fixes and Enhancements
    • New! Support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite. (Mac OS X)
    • Removed obsolete Justin.TV destination. (Mac OS X)

finallyy!! I can now buy this thing lol

Keep in mind that Wirecast 6 worked in Yosemite from its release so there hasn't been an OS issue not to buy if you're on Mavericks or Yosemite. The issue was with Wirecast 5 only and only with Yosemite.