International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Best day to release podcast?

Best day to release podcast?

What days do you all release your podcast? What would you say is the best day to get the most viewers and downloads. I had been releasing mine on sundays but was told not to do that.

Sundays are tricky especially during football season. We found that out when we would do live Sunday afternoon broadcasts for The Shoot which is now officially retired for good. We release or weekly wrestling podcast on Wednesdays (Wrestling Informant) and my other podcast (Hardcore Tech Show) is usually on Thursday or Friday depending on how busy my life is on those days. I think it all depends on your audience and demographic. Your listeners will still subscribe to your content regardless if they enjoy what your providing.

I have also been wondering the same thing. I stick with Tuesdays.

I would say it depends on the type of show you are doing. One of my friends does a TV recap show and he rleases it right after the show aired live

I typically release the show around 11 p.m. Eastern the day before "release" -- meaning if its a Monday show, it's on the web and available for download Sunday in the late hours. This is mainly to catch the podcatchers first thing in the morning.

As far as release days, I have two shows a week on my flagship podcast that go on Monday and Friday. We also record a show for our network that gets released on Wednesday evenings, so it's a MWF release schedule for that particular feed.

Mondays are my best traffic days. I tried doing a semi-daily update show for college wrestling news, but once I shifted to an interview format, the workload diminished and the traffic started to increase. Part of that comes with people finding out about it. Most of my stuff previews things coming up, rather than recaps things that already happened.