International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Thoughts on the new Tricaster Mini

Hybrid View

Thoughts on the new Tricaster Mini

Has anyone had a chance to look at the new Tricaster offering called the mini. Just liked to hear from the pros on this one.

http://www.newtek.com/products/tricaster-mini.html

Cheers
    Professional Voiceovers and multimedia

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to look at the new Tricaster offering called the mini. Just liked to hear from the pros on this one.

http://www.newtek.com/products/tricaster-mini.html

Cheers
    My biased opinion: It's still too expensive. Check the Paladin (less expensive). NewTek's approach in miniaturizing their hardware is the right direction to go.
    Last edited by MovieBuff; 10-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.

This product could be a game changer. It certainly raises the bar. Yes, it is expensive, but only a small amount on top of other bespoke solutions. And it gives you the full power of a large Tricaster system but with the advantage of consumer (HDMI) inputs. I can see a lot of service providers moving to it, or adding one or two to their existing infrastucture. Personally, I wouldn't buy an SC40 but I would buy this.

Vance, Mark and Colin Sandy have extended discussion about the Mini in this episode:

Here's a less expensive way of using 4 cameras: http://forum.ibroadcastnetwork.org/s...using-Wirecast

Slightly. Looking at the costs in AUD, The Mini is a touch over $8000.00 base level. The equivalent using a Macbook Pro, Thunderbolt Expansion Box, 4 port HDMI card (ingest), BM Intensity Pro (Output), Wirecast Pro, External Hard drive is around the $7500.00 mark. Paladin based system (Windows)/Wirecast Pro $7000.00 ish (+HDMI/SDI convertors) Livestream equivalent $10500.00 (+HDMI/SDI convertors). vMix/Vidblaster based system, similar specs, between $4000.00 and $6000.00 depending on choice of ingest cards etc. The previous assumes cost of licences to provide similar functionality.
    Last edited by AndrewSeabrook; 10-14-2014 at 09:27 PM.