International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Live Engineer Offsite Audio

Live Engineer Offsite Audio

I have an interesting situation popping up. A marketing firm here in town wants to do a podcast. Before they have used Blog Talk radio, but now they are wanting to make their sound better. They know I have a studio, but it is on the opposite side of town.

They don't want to come here as they don't always know when their guests will be available for discussions, so they want to have me be able to live engineer from my studio as they are talking from their place. They will be taking in Skype guests as well.

So my question is... do you think there is a decent solution for doing this? The best I can think of is using a Presonus StudioLive AI mixer where I could control settings from my location... but I am not sure if I could record multitrack over that distance into my DAW.

I would have them record a backup to an H4n just in case of any issues... but still... I have never thought about the possibility of trying to engineer the broadcast over the web. I know it's possible, but is it worth it or would it even sound good?

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Just have each Skype person call into your studio. That's the way GFQ works. It sure makes life a lot easier.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.