International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VidBlaster's Mike Versteeg is at it again!

I am really talking generally, not necessarily about the developer of vidblaster, which I've never used. In his case its a bit different. I think him being the only developer of the software its harder to implement things faster then a larger company with more resources and programmers. Then again if your software is popular and has many users where it justifies the extra expense of more manpower for faster development.

This reminds me of another simular case came up where an intern from Google talked about the graphic lag issue ( Like scrolling ) on the Android operating system was due to a realtime priority problem in the graphics system. Another full time programmer from Google tried to respond saying that eventually faster processors would also make this graphic lag a non-issue.

To fix this it would mean a rewriting of the Android operating system from the ground up.

Even this new Slo-Mo feature sounds like it could be more resource intensive, optimization would help, if that were really the problem.
    Last edited by Linuxcooldude; 07-20-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>

IAIB Broadcaster
    I guess we just disagree. But that's okay. Diverse opinions make for progress and interesting discussions!

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    I guess we just disagree. But that's okay. Diverse opinions make for progress and interesting discussions!
    You're right Tom but I experienced that this is impossible to do that in Vidblaster forum.

IAIB Broadcaster
    @ Spino - While I respect your right for you to offer your opinion, I question your sense of what-is-appropriate.

If I were to post on this forum (the IAIB Discussion Forum) criticisms of IAIB and promote my affiliation with a competing organization, I hope you would agree that I was not acting appropriately. It would be viewed as confrontational, antagonistic, and flat-out rude. It would show disrespect for Andrew Zarian, the founder of IAIB, and all IAIB members.

In the same way, I do not think it appropriate for you to go on the VidBlaster forum and promote Wirecast and your belief that it is superior software. I certainly would not go on the Telestream/Wirecast forum and promote VidBlaster. I have chosen to promote VidBlaster through my weekly internet broadcast (That VidBlaster Guy!). If you wish to discuss this in an open forum, I think here (IAIB) is good neutral ground.

I don't know for a fact, but I suspect that is why the VidBlaster forum thread you posted on was closed. To quote one of my favorite Americanisms... "You pee'd in his corn flakes." I think Mike acted appropriately. It is his forum and VidBlaster is his product. If you don't like his attitude, don't visit his forum.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Ok Tom, I respect your opinion and I'm happy to discuss of this with you. It isn't the first time that Mike has this rude attitude with some users of the Vidblaster forum (not just with me and if you read another post in this section you can see that the opinions of some users are much worse than mine). Anyway I think that a forum is the right place to discuss about technical items and you know that in the Vidblaster forum there is a post about Vidblaster vs Wirecast. I wasn't rude, I just wrote my opinion and if you want know what I think, I must say that the salers must be ready to discuss with the customers or potential customers (Vidblaster is not free, people pay for that) trying to convince them that its product is better than others. Maybe Mike is working too much, probably he must let someone like you or Jan on the forum (exactly like Craigs make in Wirecast forum). Everytime Mike writes something has always a rude attitude and now he is offending me writing in a section where I can't replay (I'm not a licensed user).
    Anyway, if you want, I'm ready to say why, in my opinion, Wirecast is much better than Vidblaster (Mike is one of the reasons but, of course, not the only one) and we can do that in the other appropriate post. Believe me, when people is kind with me, I'm much more kind with them.
    P.S. I'm not a kid, I'm 62, I'm a product manager and I work in main Italian public television (RAI) from about 30 years.

Tom,

At the risk of peeing in your corn flakes, You can hardly be deemed impartial as you are a VB reseller therfore getting money from Mike V. I respect you very much but your opinion on this matter is not without bias. JMHO.

sorry Tom

IAIB Broadcaster
    @ William - A clarification is in order here. I do not receive money from Mike. It is exactly the opposite, Mike receives money from me. Big difference! I am free to sell any product I chose to anyone willing to be my customer.

I pride myself on over-the-top customer service. That's why each one of my customers gets my email and cell phone number so they can contact me when they need me. I answer emails & call on nights and weekends whenever I can.

BTW, I make no claim to be impartial. I am an active VidBlaster reseller, VidBlaster forum moderator, VidBlaster MVP and have even created a weekly live internet broadcast all about VidBlaster. I claim no impartiality. I am definitely a VidBlaster guy. In fact... I am "That VidBlaster Guy!"

Ok....I have said more that I should already....point is Mike V is a Dick@@@@. Fact not opinion....and i am no kid either.....been there done that.....

Ps: Tom, I have to say you sound silly trying to imply you dont make money from Mike.....lol...jeez....you sell his product for more than you pay for it....thats that....Please don't Deem me a fool just because i speak my mind.

This is my last post on this matter...Jeez , how do i get myself into this....

IAIB Broadcaster
    The news are that I've been banned in Vidblaster forum with no reason specified. Of course I know the "secret" reason, I just wrote that IN MY OPINION, Wirecast is better than Vidblaster.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    I'm on Team Telestream on this one

Wirecast has WAY more compositing power than VidBlaster ever has (3D positioning is one that Spino has already pointed out). I also love the power that CoreImage gives it on the Macintosh version. Also I've never once seen someone be able to do proper lower thirds with VidBlaster? What's the issue?

Also the fact that VidBlaster seems to choke on any thing higher than 640x480 is very off-putting. I want to do full 720P video and Wirecast lets me do it with little resources.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast