International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VidBlaster's Mike Versteeg is at it again!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    Plus, compared what it costs today to purchase a live slo-mo
    instant replay system, VidBlaster will be clearly more cost effective.
    This is a game changer, folks.
    I cannot argue with you Tom. You have been in this a lot longer than me, and you know your stuff :-) I guess I shouldn't have started this thread without having all the facts.
    Onward....

Quote Originally Posted by Amnon View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have started this thread without having all the facts.
    Onward....
    That's exactly what this forum is meant to be, in my honest opinion anyway.

A little useful debate, ultimate clarification of facts and well informed opinions will help us all out in the end.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Amnon: You are too kind. And, I could be wrong.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Not sure if this was intended, but Mike let slip that he was going to be working on the new Slo-Mo Instant Replay system for the next two weeks. Does that mean we will have a beta to play with by mid June???

WOW!

IAIB Broadcaster
    Want a peek behind the scenes at VidBlaster's new replay system in development?

http://forum.vidblaster.com/showthre...2336#post22336

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone I told you!
    Last edited by TomSinclair; 06-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.

IAIB Broadcaster
    The latest rumor is that a beta will be released Friday. Could this be possible?

As the cost ratio of PC hardware (cost vs. power) continues to drop,
    VidBlaster's CPU use will become less and less of an issue. I'm not
    suggesting we wouldn't want it to become more efficient in its use of
    resources, but that CPUs will catch up, and folks will inevitably
    upgrade their systems as more powerful and less expensive options emerge.

And... Slo-mo Instant Replay will bring a flood of new users into the
    marketplace, from small colleges and semi-pro sports teams to local high
    schools & sports clubs. Its not that these new users were on the
    fence asking themselves: "Should I chose Wirecast or VidBlaster?" No,
    this will be a whole new class of users that will be drawn into the live
    streaming software market and choose VidBlaster because of this
    feature. Plus, compared what it costs today to purchase a live slo-mo
    instant replay system, VidBlaster will be clearly more cost effective.

This is a game changer, folks.
    Waiting for newer technology to solve a software issue is not really fixing the problem. They will add more features in future upgrades that could even make it worse by bogging down the processor further, even with faster CPU or whatever.

Don't see Slo-Mo feature in of itself as a game changer. A really neat feature to be sure. Broadcasting software is really for a niche market, let alone a niche feature primarily useful in sports. As a broadcaster I don't see where I would ever use such a feature, now or in the future.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>

IAIB Broadcaster
    Ah, my cool dude friend. You and I are probably from the same generation or close. You'd be amazed at the number of inquiries I still get about my sports broadcasting venture. They don't want to hire me, they want to do it themselves. High school. Junior High School. Little League, Club soccer, volleyball, and the list goes on and on.

It's not the existing internet broadcasters that will jump on the new VidBlaster, it's a whole new crop of broadcasters. All newbies, well, mostly.

Case in point: I was at a high school sports booster club meeting last week and after the meeting one of the geeky dads on the back row approached me and asked me if I was the sportscaster guy. Turned out he was a former TV broadcast engineer and was amazed at what we could do with a little PC and a few cameras. He's probably never watched an internet talk show like yours or mine (and probably never will), but he was tuned on by the thought that he could put his kid (a football player, go figure) on internet TV for his far-away family to watch.

It a new game. Played by new players.

BTW, software always pushes the limits of hardware, rarely the opposite.

BTW, software always pushes the limits of hardware, rarely the opposite.
    I usually find the exact opposite. I think its because of the natural progression of hardware gets developed first, then followed by software is written to support it. Microsoft for instance does not develop any PC's that their software runs on, as well as the multitude of third party hardware devices and software that follow. Obviously It took a long time to get operating systems to 64 bit, then software applications to suport multiple cores. Some still don't.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>

Linuxcooldude,

I am with you on this. Way to many programmers can get lazy and not work on optimisation of their code as they can afford to purchase the top of the line hardware and therefore think that all of their customers should to. The problem is that this line of thinking leads to shutting out whole markets for their software that would potentially use it but could not because it demanded to many resources. Just waiting around for the Intel/AMD gods to bless us with faster chips is not the answer because even if they do put out newer chips, many times they are still be quite expensive. Not everyone can afford the top of the line PC's. Vendors need to be aiming for the mid-range as that is where most users are. I know that desktop video is a demanding task for any computer to do but if other vendors are able to make it work well with less then it proves that it is possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast