International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Easy way to make money podcasting

Easy way to make money podcasting

So im not looking to get rich but I would like to make some money doing my podcast. What are some easy ways someone can make a few bucks with their podcast.

You might want to do research on this topic Google.com and youtube.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySulivan View Post
    So im not looking to get rich but I would like to make some money doing my podcast. What are some easy ways someone can make a few bucks with their podcast.
    There is never really an easy way to make money. It is an industry where a lot of people don't make a dime and the ones that do don't make much.

Of course, that's not a reason to stop trying to find a way. The methods most people use are either ad related or user generated (be it donations or pay for listening). Some with affiliate sales, some sell merchandise for their podcast, others use Patreon and just ask for money and give incentives.

If you are going the ad route, don't be discouraged if you have lower listenership than others, especially if you are in a niche market. You can find an advertiser who might want to sell to the audience you have. You will have to work at it and make a case, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially if you can show the benefit of your show.

Easy though... is probably not going to happen.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I thought all you had to do was sign up with a coach and the riches would flow in abundance!
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

I think that it depends on the type of show that you do, along with other things.

If you are directing people to your website for the program, then you might want to consider joining something like the Amazon program. This is good if you are doing interviews since Amazon carries so many products and if those interviews are with people who have products, you can place links to the products on the page so people can just simply click on the link. Amazon has a code included in links so that they know who to give a commission to. What also happens is if people also buy other products during that visit, you get a commission on those products also. This also works if you have a music program where you can place "ads" for the artist's music on Amazon.

There are some programs around where one has to mention a link during the program where people need to go to.

I think that most podcasters don't make a dime and the ones that do The ones really making money via podcasting are either with major media networks, or have a huge following and advertisers come "running" to them.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Let me know how much money you want to make. I have a Word template that produces a very credible looking Profit and Loss statement.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.