International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Free Teleprompter Software

Free Teleprompter Software

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Cool, this is even better. Thank domineaux! How do you use it? iPad, beam splitter, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    Cool, this is even better. Thank domineaux! How do you use it? iPad, beam splitter, etc?
    It is online. I can use it with ipad, laptop, desktop, etc. I mostly use with desktop in my home studio and laptop remote (several USB ports). I have an old monitor and I use a trackball mouse to move it. This way I can be creating video with the fingers of my hand rolling and clicking the trackball. If I used a mouse I would be moving more of my arm and it would be noticeable.

I have a USB kensington trackball Expert Mouse model k64325. It has a ball that is heavy like a pool que ball and is very precise.

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    It is online. I can use it with ipad, laptop, desktop, etc. I mostly use with desktop in my home studio and laptop remote (several USB ports). I have an old monitor and I use a trackball mouse to move it. This way I can be creating video with the fingers of my hand rolling and clicking the trackball. If I used a mouse I would be moving more of my arm and it would be noticeable.

I have a USB kensington trackball Expert Mouse model k64325. It has a ball that is heavy like a pool que ball and is very precise.
    Do you use your teleprompter through a camera beam splitter and do you have your teleprompter on several devices at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    Do you use your teleprompter through a camera beam splitter and do you have your teleprompter on several devices at the same time?
    You need to play with it a bit. If you have a beam splitter I think you can do a mirror image.

It is not multi-user application. There may be an upgrade version that I'm not aware.

Example

load the application on laptop.

copy paste script into the software.

run the software and read the script to get a good speech flow

make sure you have good speech flow then read the script as you make your video or audio files

-------------------
    Usually, I make sure the video camera is just above (very close) to the top of the monitor or laptop.
    When actor is speaking eyes appear to be directed towards the viewer while reading the script when there is about six or eight feel minimum distance from actor to the camera.

At less than six feet on full screen HD views the viewers can pick up the eyes are not directed to viewer.

Having a six or eight inch distance from the center of the monitor screen to the camera lens center you see the eyes are looking down with closeups (less than 6 feet in most of my setups)
    Last edited by domineaux; 08-20-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks domineaux!