International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

When working on my new studio I thought about going the route of buying 4 DBX 286S rack mounted processors and going with my Mackie ProFX12 mixer that I've had for a few years. The mixer is my road mixer as well, so after deciding that I wanted a permanent studio mixer, I decided to rethink it all and go with the Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

Due to the release of the Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 AI series mixers coming out, the 16.0.2 mixer has dropped in price. I was able to walk into Sam Ash today and purchase a new 16.0.2 for $850.00 (after doing some negotiating... it was selling for $999). The price is better than 4 286s + new Mackie Mixer and I get a lot of features jam packed into this little unit. More features than I will need, but for the price equivalent, I figured it was worth it.

I just unboxed it and can't wait to get it up and running tomorrow. That is going to be the fun part... working on the settings. I don't have my new mics yet, so I am still working with 4 Shure SM58 mics. So whatever settings I use today won't be what I use when I choose and purchase new mics (leaning towards the SM7b because I like the way my voice sounds on it, but still open to persuasion).

Enjoy the pics:

presonus-box.jpg presonus-inbox.jpg presonus-headon.jpg presonus-top.jpg presonus-back.jpg presonus1.jpg

If you have any questions about it, let me know... although I have heard good things from friends who have had other versions of this mixer I haven't really put it to the test yet. I believe Chase has one also and would be a valuable resource on the experience with his.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I have the 16.4.2, which is very similar. If you need any insight, let me know. It's a good mixer.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    I have the 16.4.2, which is very similar. If you need any insight, let me know. It's a good mixer.
    Absolutely. I can't wait to play with it tomorrow. I couldn't remember if you had one or not. I know you have advocated for purchasing a mixer of this caliber if you were thinking long term and wanted to get a mixer that could replace having the rack mounted equipment. So I will definitely be asking some questions over the next few days/weeks.

I have the same model the 16.0.2 and Hands down my favorite mixer I have ever had or used. I will 100% be upgrading to the 24 channel next summer. $850 is a steal and you will be amazed at what you can do with it.

Welcome to the PreSonus Family my friend!
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

Thank you, glad to be a part of it. Also, $850 was a very good price, considering when I first looked at this particular board, and later its counterpart the 16.4.2 it was upwards of $1600 - $2500.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseRossi View Post
    I have the same model the 16.0.2 and Hands down my favorite mixer I have ever had or used. I will 100% be upgrading to the 24 channel next summer. $850 is a steal and you will be amazed at what you can do with it.

Welcome to the PreSonus Family my friend!
    24 channels, cool. I wonder what your setup is like for each channel?
    I wonder what PreSonus will announce at IBC 2014. Maybe a USB 2.0 or 3.0 output.

Here are a few IBC sneak peaks: http://cinescopophilia.com

Quote Originally Posted by MovieBuff View Post
    24 channels, cool. I wonder what your setup is like for each channel?
    I wonder what PreSonus will announce at IBC 2014. Maybe a USB 2.0 or 3.0 output.

Here are a few IBC sneak peaks: http://cinescopophilia.com

I am excited to see what they are going to announce as well.

I am also in the middle of doing a complete studio rebuild, so I will be sure and make a video of my whole setup once I get everything in place and the new hardware is here.
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

Heah Brad,
    That is one sweet deal you made there! I was considering this same mixer for the longest time and it was due in part to Mike's endorsement. I knew the price had dropped but I had no idea as to just how much. Very nice indeed ~
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Heah Brad,
    That is one sweet deal you made there! I was considering this same mixer for the longest time and it was due in part to Mike's endorsement. I knew the price had dropped but I had no idea as to just how much. Very nice indeed ~
    The mixer is $999 universally, but always negotiate if you can. If you can't find one cheaper online (sometimes hard when the manufacturer tells everyone to sell at a universal price or higher). go to the store, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc and negotiate a lower price. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't.

The 16.0.2 is brilliant, but I do have one question, Mike. Have you noticed some digital artifacts when using the onboard gate? I noticed it on my recordings and had to go back to my 528e. I have an RE-20 and a TLM-102. Perhaps the gain isn't right...have you experienced this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast