When working on my new studio I thought about going the route of buying 4 DBX 286S rack mounted processors and going with my Mackie ProFX12 mixer that I've had for a few years. The mixer is my road mixer as well, so after deciding that I wanted a permanent studio mixer, I decided to rethink it all and go with the Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

Due to the release of the Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 AI series mixers coming out, the 16.0.2 mixer has dropped in price. I was able to walk into Sam Ash today and purchase a new 16.0.2 for $850.00 (after doing some negotiating... it was selling for $999). The price is better than 4 286s + new Mackie Mixer and I get a lot of features jam packed into this little unit. More features than I will need, but for the price equivalent, I figured it was worth it.

I just unboxed it and can't wait to get it up and running tomorrow. That is going to be the fun part... working on the settings. I don't have my new mics yet, so I am still working with 4 Shure SM58 mics. So whatever settings I use today won't be what I use when I choose and purchase new mics (leaning towards the SM7b because I like the way my voice sounds on it, but still open to persuasion).

Enjoy the pics:

presonus-box.jpg presonus-inbox.jpg presonus-headon.jpg presonus-top.jpg presonus-back.jpg presonus1.jpg

If you have any questions about it, let me know... although I have heard good things from friends who have had other versions of this mixer I haven't really put it to the test yet. I believe Chase has one also and would be a valuable resource on the experience with his.