International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bvjay View Post
    The 16.0.2 is brilliant, but I do have one question, Mike. Have you noticed some digital artifacts when using the onboard gate? I noticed it on my recordings and had to go back to my 528e. I have an RE-20 and a TLM-102. Perhaps the gain isn't right...have you experienced this?
    No, I haven't experienced that. Can you post a sample? I'd contact Presonus to see if they've heard of the problem.

Because I like the dbx286 so much, I never used to Presonus gates until I started doing a terrestrial radio show. Because there was a little noise in the host's background, I added the gate, and it has worked well.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

The 16.0.2 is brilliant, but I do have one question, Mike. Have you noticed some digital artifacts when using the onboard gate? I noticed it on my recordings and had to go back to my 528e. I have an RE-20 and a TLM-102. Perhaps the gain isn't right...have you experienced this?
    I haven't had this issue either. Please post a sample as I would like to hear this as well.
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

16.0.2 Gate

No problem. I have uploaded a sample here:
    https://soundcloud.com/bigvoicej/presonus-test
    After recording I just normalized the file so you could hear everything.
    Thanks for taking the time.
    BVJ

Hi bvjay,
    I'm not experienced enough to weigh in on the 16.0.2 although the recording studio I visit in the Phoenix area, still uses the Symetrix 528e over the newer options available. Not sure if it’s because they still feel its superior or because they’re more familiar with it and its easier to manage.

Dan
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

I bought my 528e off eBay years ago. The fact that it still works is a testament to their build quality. Just thought I'd try something different with the 16.0.2

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I don't hear anything abnormal about your audio. Remember that a gate turns the audio off and on. You might hear some funny things during the transitions, but those things should not be digital artifacts. I'm not listening through my best headphones at the moment, but I'll give it a better listen tonight.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

I bought my 528e off eBay years ago. The fact that it still works is a testament to their build quality. Just thought I'd try something different with the 16.0.2
    I hear you on that. I tried using the gate on my X32 Rack mixer but in my case I found it too tedious to manipulate the virtual dials to obtain a desired or consistent result. By contrast I achieve a better feel or feedback with the physical dials on my DS201. For now I plan to stick with the analog in this segment.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-20-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Changed everything
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Here's another test with the gain backed down a bit, gate and makeup gain applied on the back end of the fat channel.
    https://soundcloud.com/bigvoicej/presonus-test2

I see they just introduced a rack mount version of the 16 and 32 channel mixers...

http://presonus.com/products/StudioLive-RM-Series

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12