International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: How to Soundproof Your Broadcast Studio

How to Soundproof Your Broadcast Studio

I was wondering what methods you guys use to soundproof your studios. I am currently looking to add a sliding glass door to my studio and was wondering if thats a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I was wondering what methods you guys use to soundproof your studios. I am currently looking to add a sliding glass door to my studio and was wondering if thats a good choice.
    While we were on the radio, the studio moved three times, and the new studio was constructed from the ground up. The main thing was that every glass surface was at a vertical angle, and the room was not square, but had angled walls.
    Now in our studio here, I didn't have that luxury :-). So what I did was to go to the local Joann store (sewing and material shop) and buy a roll of thick felt to drape over the walls. I did not stretch it over the walls but laid it like a curtain (bunched). That created angles (vs. flat wall). I then covered some of the black felt with green (and then blue) material for the chromakey. I was told that the room now is pretty much "dead" as far as echo. If you don't have the ability to cover walls, book cases (with books), and anything that can deflect or absorb sound placed in the room will help.
    I am happy with the way our studio looks and functions :-)