International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Telos Z/IP ONE IP Broadcast Codec - Considering to purchase...

Telos Z/IP ONE IP Broadcast Codec - Considering to purchase...

Is anyone using Z/IP ONE IP Broadcast Codec with a Mac? If so, how do you like it? It's now on my front-middle burner as I inch ever so slowly, but closer to finalizing my set up. Any information or recommendations are appreciated.

http://www.telos-systems.com/codecs/zip-one

Regards,
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

I have heard some great things about the Telos Zip One. Im sure Kirk will comment on this

It's also on my (maybe) list, Dan and yes, I also have to start podcasting. Maybe I must just stop reading, watching, ...

What I also found interesting at the Z/IP one was the combination with Luci Live (Lite). Here's the video.

Regards,
    Rudy

Dan question for you. Why are you considering an option like the Z/IP One and not Skype or a Software based solution?

Nothing against going with the Z/IP. It is a great device but just wondering why hardware and not software.

I am Kinda in the same boat as you and also considering a Z/IP One

Telos Alliance /Audio Expert

Z/ip one q&a

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Is anyone using Z/IP ONE IP Broadcast Codec with a Mac? If so, how do you like it? It's now on my front-middle burner as I inch ever so slowly, but closer to finalizing my set up. Any information or recommendations are appreciated.

http://www.telos-systems.com/codecs/zip-one

Regards,
    Hi, Dan. You share a last name with a friend who does V/O work - Mike Ortego. Related?

Thanks for considering the Z/IP ONE. Tell me what you mean about "using [it] with a Mac?" The Z/IP ONE works best with another Z/IP ONE, as far as passing audio from one place to another. It will talk audio with most codecs on the market - usually in RTP mode, which is kinda "dumb" streaming, but works fine if your IP path is all good. The Z/IP ONE also works with Luci Live (and Luci Live Lite) making remote broadcasts easy to do if you have good WiFi or 3G/4G connectivity.

As for working with a Mac, you can certainly browse into it and control it with a Mac. I do all the time.

Happy to answer other questions.

Best,
    Kirk

No relation with Mike but I'll bet his bloodline is from Louisiana just like myself. As for the Telos consideration I’m looking a set up a link with a partner in Italy. Still not sure which way to go after learning more about the future advances with Skype TX.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Telos Alliance /Audio Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    No relation with Mike but I'll bet his bloodline is from Louisiana just like myself. As for the Telos consideration I’m looking a set up a link with a partner in Italy. Still not sure which way to go after learning more about the future advances with Skype TX.
    Dan,

Yep, Mike is from da bayou.
    http://www.mikeortego.com/

Skype TX could be really good. I hope it's well-done, too, as it'll be a good tool for lots of short-term uses.

Best,

Kirk