International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Podcasting System featuring the Allen & Heath XB10 Mixer ...

This is just great! The Allen & Heath XB-10 and 286s are on my shortlist. A podcast with some explanation how everything works exactly (mix minus, Tascam, ...) would make this even better Thanks anyway for this diagram!

Quote Originally Posted by rudyengels View Post
    This is just great! The Allen & Heath XB-10 and 286s are on my shortlist. A podcast with some explanation how everything works exactly (mix minus, Tascam, ...) would make this even better Thanks anyway for this diagram!
    You're welcome. Did you read my article that I linked to?

Link to article.

It's a basic overview of the design. When you're ready I'll be around to offer assistance. It's why I joined the forum

-paul.
    @produceNewMedia

Paul,

While you were typing this answer, I was looking at your site. What a wealth of information! Thanks for giving me a couple of extra reading hours... For more than a year now I'm reading, listening, watching everything there is about podcasting and stuff like this helps me a lot in finally starting. Thanks again for all your work and your appearance here on this magnificent forum!

Say Paul,
    Since you're new to the forum, you should know that some of us gather on Sunday's to participate on the 'Nissan Communications Network' Skype broadcast "Computers 2K Now!!!" This where we share in the craft and much more. The show starts at 9:00 a.m. EST

http://www.computers2know.com/

Regards,
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-02-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by rudyengels View Post
    Paul,

While you were typing this answer, I was looking at your site. What a wealth of information! Thanks for giving me a couple of extra reading hours... For more than a year now I'm reading, listening, watching everything there is about podcasting and stuff like this helps me a lot in finally starting. Thanks again for all your work and your appearance here on this magnificent forum!
    You're welcome! I've been in this for a long time and I'm happy to help.

-paul.
    @produceNewMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Say Paul,
    Since you're new, you should know that some of us gather on Sunday's to participate on the 'Nissan Communications Network' Skype broadcast "Computers 2K Now!!!" This where we share in the craft and much more. The show starts at 9:00 a.m. EST

http://www.computers2know.com/

Regards,
    Thanks, Dan. I'll keep this in mind.

New to the forum, yes. Definitely not new to the space. I'm in this since 2004, way before most people even knew what a podcast was. I'm here to help as much as I can. Besides the gear stuff I'll be talking about various aspects of audio post, including Loudness issues and compliance.

-paul.
    @produceNewMedia.

Thoughts on the Tascam DA-3000? Tascam has a $200 rebate right now, so the cost difference between it and the SS-R200 is ~$200 - $250. You can record in a higher quality format and convert/bounce to MP3 when publishing. Total overkill?

SS-R200
    WAV: Stereo/Mono, 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16bit

DA-3000
    BWF(rec/play) / WAV(playback only),
    44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz,
    16/24bit

Thanks.

First up, welcome to the IAIB forum obanta!

Yes, I noticed the discount up on the Sweetwater website a few days' ago. I've had this recorder in my wish list for a long time and now its a lot more tempting. In fact, if you call and request a personal quote, you may well save an additional few bucks in addition to the promotional discount.

Sure, it's likely overkill but if you don't plan to do offsite recording and you're fairly certain you'll stick with the whole webcasting gig, then it most certainly would make for a super clean set-up.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-09-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post

Sure, it's likely overkill but if you don't plan to do offsite recording and you're fairly certain you'll stick with the whole webcasting gig, then it most certainly would make for a super clean set-up. For me personally, I already a rack-mount gear fanatic so it's definitely back on the front burner for me.
    I agree. I also think it depends on what you will be recording. In a music recording environment that sort of doubles as a webcast/podcast studio - the extra $250 is a no-brainer. However if you are solely recording spoken word podcasts, well then I'm not so sure it would make that much of a difference.

Definitely a nice piece. I doubt if you'll ever need sample rate support higher than 48kHz for podcasts. OTOH the higher bit depth/res. support (24bit) might come in handy.

-paul.

Thanks for the feedback Dan and Paul. I went ahead and ordered it, so I look forward to trying it out next week.

Paul - I agree with everyone else about being really impressed with your diagrams. Do you use Visio with product images or do you use something else?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast