International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Podcasting System featuring the Allen & Heath XB10 Mixer ...

Quote Originally Posted by obanta View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Dan and Paul. I went ahead and ordered it, so I look forward to trying it out next week.

Paul - I agree with everyone else about being really impressed with your diagrams. Do you use Visio with product images or do you use something else?
    Cool. Please let us know how it works out.

As far as my diagrams - ...

The style and implementation started back in the early days when clients would call for help with gear selection. The problem was once they had everything on hand - they had no idea how to make it all work. And so I decided to provide diagrams for reference. In fact it made things so much easier when we eventually got on the phone to discuss things and bring everything together.

Also keep in mind I'm no artist or designer! Besides the audio/video stuff I can write some Cocoa code. That's about it.

Bottom line is I'm solely on Macs. I use Photoshop CC and Apple's Keynote to build the diagrams. The snapshots of the gear are handled in Photoshop and the actual drawings are done in Keynote.

Here's something that I did way back on 2006, also with Photoshop and Keynote. Everything was from scratch. This was when Skype wasn't that great and most people were looking to pull in Telco audio for recording. At that time everyone was buying Telos One's. In fact I had two of them.

-paul.

Congrats obanta on pulling the trigger and making some of us jealous. If I hadn’t already purchased a new mixer last week I may well have ordered one for myself. Looking forward to reading your review after you’ve had time to play with it.

Sidebar: Say Paul, that's another fine illustration you have there. I would love to have you make one of my set-up once I get closer to being in finalized.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123