International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of mixer do you use?

Just an update if you didn't know already but the developer of VoiceMeter is currently working on a 5 or 6 channel version with channel FX, i.e EQ etc...

IAIB Broadcaster
    Yamaha MG82CX and an 802 in a box collecting dust :-)
    Get a PC!

Quote Originally Posted by docizzen View Post
    Just an update if you didn't know already but the developer of VoiceMeter is currently working on a 5 or 6 channel version with channel FX, i.e EQ etc...
    That is good news

Tomorrow, I will make some screen captures of my setup using a usb mic, if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Tomorrow, I will make some screen captures of my setup using a usb mic, if anyone is interested.
    Please post it.

I just finished with watching another video from the link provided and it was quite revealing. If I understand correctly, all that will be needed is a $50 USB microphone and software and we can all sound like Radio titans.

As I look at my rack it's sad to think that it may all become moot before the warranties expire. Admittedly, some of those samples on YouTube were quite impressive albeit a bit tedious to navigate those drop-down menus, virtual knobs and sliders. Even the presenter made a few mistakes in real-time. Conversely, I have an iPad and iPhone with cool widgets that allow me to create notes and reminders along with a shopping list, etc. Still, I keep a pad and pencil on my desk and kitchen counter to jot down my 'To Do List' and things' I need from the grocery store.

Perhaps it's my age at this stage of evolution where I live in a digital world while I still embrace the analog domain.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-01-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by docizzen View Post
    That is fantastic news.
    The next step would be to have several USB mics on a USB hub or several XLR mics on a usb converter box connected to a computer.

Hmm I don't know maybe I am just old school but I don't think I can trust a pure software solution. I am more of a hardware type of guy. I want to feel the knobs and sliders, that way if something isn't right I know it is my fault and not a line of code somewhere.

I just feel more in control with hardware doing its job then software. Maybe in a few years it will be different but for now give me hardware over software any day!
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

Well, I'm with you Jase as I don't really care to transform my studio into the likes' of Pac-Man. I think it could get boring really quick. Then again, have ya seen what they're doing in ProTools lately? All of this makes me think of this song 'In the Year 2525'.

Analog Rules!
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-01-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Interesting timing as I just ordered a new mixer today! After months of pondering, second-guessing, vacillating, flipping coins and thinking about the theory of Atlantis, I opted for the Behringer X32 Rack mixer. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really need it because my current Behringer X1204USB is working just fine. I simply wanted something a bit more full-featured and that may tuck away nicely inside my fully enclosed ventilated rack. While I don't think I'll be using this new rig to its full potential I'm hopeful the iPad integration may provide a sweet set-up.

You see, overkill is in the eyes of the beholder and I already know that I passed buyers remorse a few components ago.
    "Overkill is severely under rated!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast