International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of mixer do you use?

Just for fun I used OBS to create this video explanation of my voicemeeter settings.

I have not edited anything in the video. I just saved from OBS and uploaded to youtube. THe sound is a bit low.

Hope this helps

Very interesting and shows promise so thanks for posting. Even so I'll likely hold on to my brick-and-mortar vernacular as long as practical. For what it's worth I posted a 'Like' on your YouTube just for good measure.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-01-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

If you get voicemeeter working properly you can increase the volume in the video.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    That's a helpful video. I'm curious whether you're going to get a YouTube takedown notice because of the Eric Clapton video you played.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

I was thinking the same exact thing' when I heard it. This is the sort of thing we need to talk more about on Sundays.

For what it's worth the usb audio out on my Behringer Q802USB into the PC went bad a couple of months ago. I've been limping along with a AT2005 usb into PC for Skype and I've been able to use the USB in from the PC from Skype into the 802 to multitrack into my Zoom H6. After searching high and low and looking at several different mixer brands and models and considering the available desk table top space I picked up a Behringer X1622USB this week. I would have loved to get the X1832USB but I had no where to put a piece of equipment that size. The inserts, compression, AUX, FX and SUB outs were too good of a combination especially at the price. I'm looking to get 1-2 years of work out of it.

In the beginning I wasn't real crazy about Behringer but they do seem to offer more bang for the buck, and I agree with you that size matters. Initially, I opted for the X1204USB which works very well, but it just doesn't fit my in design goal layout.

I'm now fiddling around with the Behringer X32 Rack and once I get it dialed in correctly, I may become a Kool-Aid drinker.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-07-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

Dan, I took a look at the X32. That is one capable digital home mixer. What are some of the key capabilities that drew you to it?

Quote Originally Posted by StargatePioneer View Post
    Dan, I took a look at the X32. That is one capable digital home mixer. What are some of the key capabilities that drew you to it?
    Hello StargatePioneer and welcome to the forum!

Onward: For me, it was all about form-factor i.e. size and fit, just like you mentioned in your post. I want most of my gear rack mounted inside my IsoBox cabinet. Makes for a streamlined set-up that is easy to rearrange and keep tidy.

The options in the X32 Rack are many and the iPad integration is a nice touch if it works as described. I just received it so I'm still learning it's routing features, updating the firmware, etc. Even so, I may never take full advantage of its feature set as I prefer my analog mic pre, and separate audio-gate. Heck, if I determine the on-board Gate is as good or better than my stand-alone Gate, then I could feasibly have everything rack mounted and control it all from my iPad. While this may seem like a great concept I'm not yet convinced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-10-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

The mixer I use is the Alto ZMX 862 mixer and is perfect for me considering I'm the only one ever really physically connected to the mixer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123