International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Using two USB Microphones

Using two USB Microphones

Is it possible to use two USB Microphones on one computer? I have two ATR 2100s that I would like to use when I am out of my house but dont know if its something thats possible.

Take a look at "VoiceMeter" and then search tutorial vids on YouTube.
    Last edited by docizzen; 07-28-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docizzen View Post
    Take a look at "VoiceMeter" and then search tutorials vids on YouTube.

This is an excellent software. It will also help you to learn more about how your sound system works,.

There are dozens of youtube video tutors floating around as well.f

I ignored it for quite awhile, because I thought it related to gamers...and I've not been into games.

IMO, this is exciting to have donationware for a software that will do so much so well. Also, the developer is working on upgrades as well. This could be a dream tool for podcasting soon enough.

You can do a mix minus with it now on one channel and two, if you get your setups right. ----

Go to this link and scroll to the bottom or some excellent tutorial videos.

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

I have changed my MSCONFIG.EXE to install voicemeeter every time I boot up. I have found by having the voicemeeter on all the time I am becoming very familiar with the use of it.
    When I use various software Voicemeeter may have a different setup, and I am becoming very familiar with voicemeeter settings to make the right changes quickly.

At this point I don't really care I am using capacity of my computer for keeping it installed all the time. Most important for me to really be competent with this great tool.

If you take the time to learn how to properly use this software, you will not think it is a waste of your time to learn it.

The price is right!
    Last edited by domineaux; 07-28-2014 at 08:10 AM.

I actually have been meaning to test VoiceMeter out for a while. Its much easier now to have multiple USB microphones connected to one machine. the only thing I would suggest is getting a longer USB cable for the microphones.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I actually have been meaning to test VoiceMeter out for a while. Its much easier now to have multiple USB microphones connected to one machine. the only thing I would suggest is getting a longer USB cable for the microphones.
    Voicemeeter is abit elusive at first. In other words, it doesn't follow the conventions of setting up your sound as the developer describes things. What I might call an input - he calls an output. His perspectives are different in describing sound choices. He is French, and very open for discussion or support questions.

In other words, you may be an audio pro and grasp it very quickly. I make this post so that others reading this will realize soon enough that Voicemeeter may be abit complicated and not easily understood at first. Working with it, I have found is best way to learn it.

Also, dependent upon your knowledge of computer audio management it could take a couple weeks of tweaking and working with it. It can also be frustrating at times, because often you have to reboot to get sound drivers working properly. Then when you reboot you may have missed your mark. LOL
    Last edited by domineaux; 07-28-2014 at 08:21 AM.