International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Multiple Show Sites vs Network

IAIB Broadcaster

Multiple Show Sites vs Network

There probably isn't a "right" answer but curious about some of your opinions.

Q: Is it better to have a site for every show, or do the network thing? or both? What say you?

If you have multiple shows, I would say both. There are some very good reasons for that. Having all of your shows under a network, allows you to create an artist page in iTunes that lists all your podcasts by a specific author/publisher/artist. That can help others find more of your shows if they already listen to one of them.

However, as Andrew has said numerous times, not everyone is going to like every show you have. That's why I say do both. That way, it's easier for those type of people to access their favorite show without having to find it amongst a whole group of shows.

IAIB Broadcaster
    My option would be that you have all the shows on the network page like TWiT and 5by5 has but also have Showname.com or .tv that takes you straight to the page on Network.com for that show. I wish youtube would allow a user to subscribe to either a network or a separate show because to be honest TWiT.tv make so many shows I dont have a interest in all the shows but all of them are in my new video section of YouTube

We are still working through this process as well. I have been rebuilding all of our sites and have opted for a Wordpress Multisite solution where there will be a central site for the network and each show will follow the same standard template to tie them altogether, but have their own URLs.

We implemented it a while ago, but I have been too busy at the real job to see the project through until now.

We are currently bringing all our sites together. We operate both GFQlive.tv and guysfromqueens.com.

Follow Us on Twitter: @gfqnetwork
    Check out the GFQ Network : Guysfromqueens.com

I think its good to have the show on your site. that way you know how many people watched

I have all of my shows on one site now at vgpodcasts.com. I have forwarded all of the single show domains to the proper category page on the main site. So TouchofGaming.com brings you to vgpodcasts.com/tog for example. It's not a perfect setup, and there are times that I wish I had separate sites to be honest.

I'm all about simplifying things, and this is the easiest way for me to get my shows out.
    Lloyd Hannesson - @dasme
    Founder of the VGPodcasts Network - http://vgpodcasts.com