International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Looking for a Camera for a video podcast

Looking for a Camera for a video podcast

I am currently looking to get a Camera to start recording my video podcast. I am ready to move away from the webcam that I have and kinda wanna be under 600 dollars for the camera.

Any suggestions?

HDMI output, if you ever want to use a video capture card for high quality video (not webcam quality) and live streaming.
    3.5mm jacks audio in and out are needed for using high quality microphone for remote shoots (no computer for process sound)
    2.0 USB connection to upload files to your computer. 3.0 USB would be faster, but 2.0 is still very popular.

I use Sony HDR-SR12, couple years old. I don't regret, but one thing. The zoom feature is a simple slide to the side button and it is very difficult to make precise zoom. I would prefer a manual slow turn zoom.

You might look at the specs on this camera and improve on them.

I have had to send the camera back to Sony 2 times, because the Hard Drive failed. Sony fixed it pronto, but there was no recovery of the videos. My mistake, I should have uploaded to my computer immediately after I made the videos. Cards may be a better way to go, and my camera has a card reader. I have never used the card reader, just one more thing to do.

IMO, I love the camera and will definitely give SONY a first look when I replace or buy another camcorder.

I would be careful buying a DSLR. There was a heat problem associated with prolonged shoots, which may not be an issue any longer. I really like the large lens size of DSLR, but my camcorder really does some excellent quality video. It does have a Carl Zeiss lens, but it isn't very large diameter.
    Last edited by domineaux; 07-23-2014 at 06:51 AM.

United broadcast & media solutions (UBMS) is the Best place for professional video camera and equipment's.

Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    United broadcast & media solutions (UBMS) is the Best place for professional video camera and equipment's.
    um.... Do we have a spammer issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaunders View Post
    um.... Do we have a spammer issue here?
    Dear Paul.. this is 100% genuine message.

You have made 3 posts on the forum and every single one has been links to your business.

Well .. here is my 5th post without any link.. happy

Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Well .. here is my 5th post without any link.. happy
    No, not happy. Participants on forums share in the community, they don't put up one liners and links. They participate in discussions or create topics of interest to other members.