International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Affordable Wireless Lav Mics?

Affordable Wireless Lav Mics?

Any other recommendations?
    Last edited by MovieBuff; 06-27-2014 at 11:56 AM.

I have an Azden wireless - Lapel mic. Azden WLX-PRO Lavaliere System
    It uses 9v batteries and works very well. I do not hard mount it to my video camera, which I suspect can be a problem.

I did a seminar a while back with video and it came out exceptionally well.
    Questions from the audience were handled by the speaker who repeated the question and then answered it.
    IMO, this is really the best way to handle questions from the audience, because as the speaker repeats the question it is clear what was asked.

Yes, I realize you see people speaking into handheld mics on television. I'm not sure how to handle that. I may try to use a double input 3.5 to single 3.5 input to the mic transmitter unit. This paragraph might be a good topic for discussion. I have a couple of cheapo mics with 3.5 plugs for use with the computer. I think for a good audio response I need a better mic.
    Then again, I have audio-technica ATR2100 with USB and XLR outputs. This might work using some type of adapter.
    I would have two mics interface with the transmitter, which would be a efficient way to do this.

Azden does make a handheld mic version using the same transmitter and receiver. I'll look into this.

Yes, I am very satisfied with the Azden wireless lapel mic setup.

I am also in the market for a decent Lav microphone. the issue is most of them dont sound great unless the room is acoustically treated.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaunders View Post
    I am also in the market for a decent Lav microphone. the issue is most of them dont sound great unless the room is acoustically treated.
    I did an event recently in a Hotel venue room. The acoustics were what I consider normal, with fully carpeted room and around 100 human bodies. The sound was fine using the Azden mentioned above. Actually, I think the sound was very good. I really didn't care either way, since I planned a post editing session for the audio and video.

There are so many good audio editors. Live broadcasting I would be more concerned for better sound. If the sound was for a live event like a preacher marrying a couple and the audio presentation was directed to the persons in the room then audio would be important. Still, I would have a good audio software and pass through my laptop to the speakers. Probably work well enough for live audio stream as well.

McPHillips made a remark awhile back about hangouts... I enjoyed that comment. It rings true. Ask the kids. They like it loud with lots of bass. So, there you have a new criteria for sound (noise I say).

Professionals should probably use professional quality stuff. If for no other reason than to impress their clients and provide assurances their audio presentations will scream "sound quality" to hearers.