International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Good and inexpensive Website for podcasting

Good and inexpensive Website for podcasting

I dont know anything about designing a website. I was hoping someone can recommend a company or person who can make a wordpress site for me. I am looking to have someone for my podcast

If you're up for a little bit of learning, there are thousands of Premium Wordpress themes you can buy. They generally have theme options that you can customize to your liking. ThemeForest is one of the most popular Wordpress themes sites out there.

Thank you Sunkast. There is so much to choose from. Is there anyway I can find out what is good for a podcast site. Maybe something like you at GFQ have?

Honestly a lot of it comes down to personal taste. Personally I like themes that aren't too blog like, and have sliders, or a spot for featured posts.

I agree with Sunkast it does come down to personal taste. The cleaner the site is the easier it will be for viewers to navigate around. If you are looking for a Web Developer im sure someone here can point you in the right direction

I recently had my site redesigned and the young lady I worked with took a theme I had and changed it to my specifications. What's your budget? Like Andrew said you want something clean with easy navigation. Check out sites likes woothemes or elegant themes which have some fairly priced yet very impressive themes. With a little editing you mold a theme to your particular use.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Sunkast ! that is all lol

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Sunkast ! that is all lol
    I second that!
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Have to agree, If you are going to go the CMS route (you should) i found Wordpress is by far the most user-friendly and the best way to go. There are other CMS platforms, the other two big fish are Drupal & Joomla, it may be worth testing each to see what you are comfortable with.

Once you have your site up and running with a CMS try to get it to 80-90 percent done yourself as this is the best way to learn and if you need to make a change later down the road you will have a pretty good idea where to start.

There will be those last few little bits of coding you need doing by a pro and I found the best thing to do then is hit up the warrior forums and find yourself a php wiz to put the finishing touches to it.

You could always visit an acknowledged design resource, such as Smashing Magazine or WebDesignerWall for tips and inspiration.

Oh and just to be clear, there is wordpress.com where they (WP) host the blog for you for free, but this does have its limits...
    Then there is wordpress.org where you can get the files to run a self hosted wordless site (best option)
    Last edited by washproof; 07-12-2012 at 08:45 AM.