International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Shock mount for ATR2100 - cheap

Shock mount for ATR2100 - cheap

I bought two of these at $28 each and a couple of foam mic covers at $2 each.

DV019_Jpg_Regular_271295.001_black_with_mic.jpg
    Click pic to enlarge

A great buy, and the shock mount looks and works very well. Needless, to say I was very surprised and happy of course.

http://www.amazon.com/On-Stage-MY-42.../dp/B001AUSOAW

Just a quick side note. I bought two to comply with free shipping over $35. I learned Amazon now has some fulfillment warehouses in different parts of the country close to large metro areas. They shipped this by USPS (Snail mail) and I got the stuff the very next day. Faster than a drone?

I noticed the price is up, but still it is good price. IMO, of course.

The hunt for a reasonable priced mount was not easy. I found a couple DIY youtubes and went through the process of building a mount. The one with the 3" PVC coupling, 2 hose clamps and some hair things. When I got it all done, I had done a good job... but it still looked homemade. So, I posted this.

OnStage is stuff most of us use, and we know the quality. I've got a bunch of stands, poles and stuff. The music and audio stores close to me do not stock the mic accessories. I finally found a review somewhere that discussed how it worked with ATR-2100. Naturally, it was critical.

Anyway, I'm pleased and I hope this helps other members of the forums. There do seem to be alot of us using or planning to buy the ATR2100.
    Last edited by domineaux; 06-08-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Hey Thanks for this post. I know many people who have been asking if there was a shockmount that worked with the ATR-2100 and AT -2005.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Hey Thanks for this post. I know many people who have been asking if there was a shockmount that worked with the ATR-2100 and AT -2005.

Pros
    The AT 2005 can be used as USB microphone and a traditional XLR mic.

Cons
    This USB mic does not have a headphone jack to allow you to listen and record at the same time.

The AT 2005 is a versatile USB microphone with useful features such as external volume controls and an on/off switch.
    The ATR2100 has a headphone jack built in to listen and record at the same time. The mic is cheaper as well.

Having the headphone jack can be important, especially if you are making connection to an iphone/ipad or other similar device. THere is one headphone and mic jack with these devices, but you may need it for other uses.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Pros
    The AT 2005 can be used as USB microphone and a traditional XLR mic.

Cons
    This USB mic does not have a headphone jack to allow you to listen and record at the same time.

The AT 2005 is a versatile USB microphone with useful features such as external volume controls and an on/off switch.
    The ATR2100 has a headphone jack built in to listen and record at the same time. The mic is cheaper as well.

Having the headphone jack can be important, especially if you are making connection to an iphone/ipad or other similar device. THere is one headphone and mic jack with these devices, but you may need it for other uses.
    I'm confused by your post. The ATR2100 and the AT2005 are identical except for the type of on-off switch, windscreen, and color. Both have headphone outputs for monitoring, although they don't always work very well. Both are USB and XLR.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

I use these mounts: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/micro...-3-shock-mount. A narrow strip of foam to pad the "Wide Mouth" holds the ATr2100 nice and snug, and when I want to use the bigger condenser mic, I don't have to change mounts.

Here is link that explains differences. I only have the ATR2100. I should have searched more carefully before posting. The AT USB mics are all listed with specifications and images.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bi...ophones%3A+USB

The Nady mount looks good too. Placing a foam or other filler to compensate for smaller mics will work I am sure. The OnStage mount is a perfect fit and should work well in all mic handling situations. IMO, the quality is good.
    Last edited by domineaux; 06-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.

I have both the ATR-2100USB and AT-2005USB and can tell you that they are exactly the same. the only difference is the color and pop filter.

Gotta order this shock mount! thank you. Anyone else notice that the AT2005 is cheaper than the atr2100. WOW