International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Intel Wants to Make Your Office Entirely Cable-Free By 2016

Intel Wants to Make Your Office Entirely Cable-Free By 2016

A rat's nest of cables at the back of a desk is truly the sign of the gadget-obsessed. But Intel plans to end all that, and soon: it wants your desk—hell, your entire digital life—to be completely wireless by 2016.

At this week's Computex trade show in Taipei, Intel's Senior Vice President Kirk Skaugen explained that Intel's post-Broadwell chipsets—currently codenamed Skylake—will do away with cables. That means wireless displays, docking and charging all the way, reports CNET.

And Intel already knows how it's going about it. It reckons a new protocol called WiGig, working at speed of up to 7 Gbps, could be used to provide short-range docking for connectivity and display purposes. That will instantly create connections to screens and peripherals when you move a laptop or tablet within range, then automatically switch out when you move away.

Wireless power, of course, continues to be a headache because the market's so fragmented. Intel is currently plumping for Rezence, though, and at Computex showed off a system using its technology installed under a table. Capable of penetrating two inches of wood, it charges multiples items at once. You simply plop your laptop down on a powered desktop to charge your device.

All wonderful, if existing, ideas. But Intel really seems to means what it says: it's partnering with Dell, Fujitsu, Lenovo, Logitech, Panasonic, Asus and Toshiba to push the whole shebang forwards. With names like that coming together, those sci-fi dreams might actually come real—and sooner than we expected. [CNET]
    Source: http://gizmodo.com/intel-wants-to-ma...-by-1585879520

This would be amazing for broadcasters.
    Last edited by MovieBuff; 06-04-2014 at 08:59 AM.

While it all sounds good and highly predictable, it will certainly be a task with many challenges. I've been a geek as far back as when it was first called a nerd. Still, count me in for all of this new technology but I still have a lust for analog, so I doubt that I'll be jumping on the bandwagon with the exception of my iOS devices. Now, when it comes to my mic-pre and mixer, I plan to stay as hardwired as long as I can. I'm an absolute fan boy of Rupert Neve Designs so when he decides to go 100% wireless then so will I.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    While it all sounds good and highly predictable, it will certainly be a task with many challenges. I've been a geek as far back as when it was first called a nerd. Still, count me in for all of this new technology but I still have a lust for analog, so I doubt that I'll be jumping on the bandwagon with the exception of my iOS devices. Now, when it comes to my mic-pre and mixer, I plan to stay as hardwired as long as I can. I'm an absolute fan boy of Rupert Neve Designs so when he decides to go 100% wireless then so will I.
    I know what you mean. Nice designs btw: http://rupertneve.com/

When Intel does this you can rename your studio... A microwave oven.

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    When Intel does this you can rename your studio... A microwave oven.
    Hahaha true.