International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter Price: $65.00 (*SHIPPED)

Shure X2U XLR-to-USB Signal Adapter Price: $65.00 (*SHIPPED)

Perfect condition and has served me well. Over time I eventually came up with a mixer solution so I no longer need it. So if you're looking for a device of this type and want to save about 35-bucks then here you go. Includes all original packaging and accessories with carry pouch. I never needed to use the Accessory Kit (USB cable & Straps) so it remains unopened. Essentially, this kit arrives as though it just came off the store shelf.

*For now, sale and shipping is exclusive to IAIB forum members within USA 50-Continental States.

http://sienavine.smugmug.com/IPhone/...19000710-L.jpg
    http://sienavine.smugmug.com/IPhone/...19001136-L.jpg
    http://sienavine.smugmug.com/IPhone/...19144463-L.jpg
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 06-03-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

*UPDATE*
    It is back on the block For Sale after ending up with a second mixer
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-01-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    What happened to your mixer?
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

The mixer USB interface connection caused a high pitch tone after a routine startup. I powered down the unit and retried the connection several times, but with the same result. I then changed out the USB cable and all other cables systematically trying to isolate the culprit including testing an alternate USB microphone directly to the computers’ suspect USB port as well as the other four USB ports. I then connected the same microphone via a USB converter and connected it to the same USB port on the computer, as well as the other available ports and it worked just fine. I then changed the computer’s preference settings from USB codec to line in/line out and it worked fine. The fault isolation continued to end with the USB interface on the mixer itself.

Yes, I also changed out the AC cord just for the heck of it but to no avail. I also bypassed the Furman suppressor as a confidence check but no-go. Seemingly, the mixer USB interface circuitry failed in some manner.

Since this mixer fulfilled my basic needs I'm tempted to give another one a try. I'm amazed how naked I feel without having a mixer and even though I intend to move up in the food-chain, I now see the value in having a backup. When it works it's really hard to beat for the price, especially if you add on the Square Trade two-year warranty for less than $14.95
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 06-11-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Was the high pitch tone loud or soft?
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

It was quite loud indeed - somewhat heavy if that makes any sense. I would have held on to it for troubleshooting with you but I was up against a return window for a refund. It was frustrating in that I was finally satisfied with how I tweaked my RE20 and RE320.

As I stated elsewhere I'm tempted to give another one a try or simply move up to something a tad more reliable. In its defense, I'm suspicious as to the manner in which the mixer was powered-up from the Furman combined with my other rack gear. Perhaps if I powered up my rack components sequentially, this may have prevented a transient voltage the Furman couldn’t manage or the mixer couldn’t handle.

With everything considered I'm still tempted to give another one a try since it's a decent unit, especially for the price. I was fortunate in that Amazon picked it up the very next day and my account was credited in less than 24-hours. While I plan to purchase a higher grade mixer I do see the value in having a backup rig. I did have the foresight to buy the 2-year 'SquareTrade' warranty for less than $15 but I was fortunate (so to speak) that it failed within the 30-day return/refund window.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 06-11-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Grammatical Lobotomy

The Behringer X1204USB replacement unit works great although I'm upgrading to the Behringer X32 Rack Mixer so the Shure USB Converter is back on the block. Very handy tool to have around but I can't justify excess 'hanger queens'.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 08-01-2014 at 07:02 AM. Reason: **UPDATED THREAD NOTICE**