October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody use Libsyn?

Anybody use Libsyn?

Anybody use Libsyn?
    http://www.libsyn.com/

Go to: 42m41s

No, although there was a recent podcast by Ray Ortega where they had a guy from libsyn explaining its features. I know that it's something I would be interested in at some point.
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Two hour podcast = too long-winded.

He would do better to have scripted to save viewers time. Disrespectful, maybe.

Anyway, I didn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Two hour podcast = too long-winded.

He would do better to have scripted to save viewers time. Disrespectful, maybe.

Anyway, I didn't watch it.
    He was doing a live web broadcast via YouTube Live. He was replying to live questions by e-mail and Twitter.

I've used Libsyn since 2005

I just compared Libsyn, Blubrry.com, Soundcloud, Amazon S3, Spreaker, and Podbean. You can hear it at www.schoolofpodcasting.com/410 or read about it at here
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Quote Originally Posted by podcastcoach View Post
    I just compared Libsyn, Blubrry.com, Soundcloud, Amazon S3, Spreaker, and Podbean. You can hear it at www.schoolofpodcasting.com/410 or read about it at here
    Thanks for this post! very informative. I am currently looking to find a new host for video. the issue is one of our more popular shows uses around 20 TB a month.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Thanks for this post! very informative. I am currently looking to find a new host for video. the issue is one of our more popular shows uses around 20 TB a month.
    I know Libsyn and Blubrry say unlimited bandwidth. It would be interested to see if 20TB would make them blink.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

A lot of podcasters swear by it, but i don't get it. Seems overpriced and most of the "bonuses" you can get from the more costly plans you can get for free elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hickman View Post
    A lot of podcasters swear by it, but i don't get it. Seems overpriced and most of the "bonuses" you can get from the more costly plans you can get for free elsewhere.
    The problem with free, is its not a very good business model. In the last 10 years I've seen NUMEROUS companies try the free model. I've tried it at the grocery store. It didn't work. I tried it at the gas station. It didn't work. It turns out that companies that stay in business, provide good service, and good support, need to charge for it. Case in point, I've tried three different skype recording software. In doing less than 10 episodes with each, they all had errors and ate the interview. Thankfully they were tests.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Quote Originally Posted by James Hickman View Post
    You have made one posting here. You are in the right place I suggest. The starter post for this thread has a pretty good explanation, and there are other sites you can pretty easily research and learn what you need.

You can rent alot of server space nowadays for $20 per month, so I can understand reluctance.

When you get into podcasting and use jingles and other promotional things during broadcasts the services are alot of help.
    They are always up, and their downloads are seamless. That helps alot, especially when you are live.

Be patient, you should get some good information on your podcasting on these forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast