International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Podbean - unlimited audio and video plans

Podbean - unlimited audio and video plans

this is pretty interesting. Podbean has added an unlimited video and audio plan. Anyone here using it? Hows the service?

I took a look at their Terms of Use because I am always concerned of the "unlimited" marketing strategy. Most of the terms were generic ones that all hosting companies enforce, but two caught me by surprise: You must provide a link back to Podbean when using embedded media, and the free account is used for personal use only. I also noticed they have a restriction on the monthly upload size, so once again nothing is truly "unlimited".

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Callahan View Post
    I took a look at their Terms of Use because I am always concerned of the "unlimited" marketing strategy. Most of the terms were generic ones that all hosting companies enforce, but two caught me by surprise: You must provide a link back to Podbean when using embedded media, and the free account is used for personal use only. I also noticed they have a restriction on the monthly upload size, so once again nothing is truly "unlimited".
    Pretty sure that stuff only applies to the free hosting. The OP was talking about the paid unlimited hosting which is $10 a month. That wouldn't restrict upload size or require link backs as far as I can tell. I'm going to be moving my show over to them on Friday and I will post back to this thread in about a month with an honest review. I use to use libsyn and I'm currently just using my own server to host my files but the bandwidth has become an issue. I was gonna use libsyn again until I saw this on some random blog so we will see what happens.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Welcome, Jaded. Do let us know how it goes.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

thanks man!

Would love to get some more info from people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdelfresco View Post
    Would love to get some more info from people using it.
    I just signed up and moved all my files over, I have decided not to use their blog and stick with mine as their blog is just as bad as libsyn's is. I played around with it for a few hours trying to set it up nice, but it's very limited in what you can do. These podcast hosts really need to allow users to use wordpress and install their own plugins and such. Their stats seem cool as they update in real time. I was using podtrac and found it frustrating that they didn't. I will reserve judgment to see how the rest of it works over the next few weeks.
    Jaded City Live - The worst Podcast on the Internet!