International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a Live Streaming Production Machine

Building a Live Streaming Production Machine

We just posted our list of recommended hardware for what we consider to be the ultimate production machine for live stream. Do you have a product that is not on the list? Post it here

Great build! Thanks for posting this.
    Btw, have you heard about the AMD Radeon R9 295X2 8GB graphics card (1500-2000$)?

I'd use the Blackmagic MiniRecorders over the Intensity. Having an SDI option for long cable runs is too important to me. I guess that may depend on studio size and the need to make the box "mobile" given the potential size of some locations.

If one really just needs HDMI for the studio, Magewell makes a 4 HDMI input card I've heard some good things about.
    http://www.magewell.com/hardware/hdm...s.html?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    I'd use the Blackmagic MiniRecorders over the Intensity. Having an SDI option for long cable runs is too important to me. I guess that may depend on studio size and the need to make the box "mobile" given the potential size of some locations.

If one really just needs HDMI for the studio, Magewell makes a 4 HDMI input card I've heard some good things about.
    http://www.magewell.com/hardware/hdm...s.html?lang=en
    Does the Magewell xi400de-hdmi Capture card work in Wirecast?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Does the Magewell card work in Wirecast?
    I've heard yes. Neither they nor Telestream mention support but I know some Wirecast Windows users who have been trying out some of there cards and have had generally happy reports.

Their "dongle" USB3 devices definitely do. Magewell tested and claim such. Those are cross platform, driverless, can work with USB2. They're the "laptop panacea" of streaming.

They're not that well known and only have one U.S. distributer so far. They seem to be an up and coming company.

Their U.S. distributor.
    http://mobilevideodevices.com

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Does the Magewell xi400de-hdmi Capture card work in Wirecast?
    It does. Here is some HDMI/HD-SDI info from the Telestream forum: http://forum.telestream.net/forum/me...word1=magewell

Thats a beefy machine. If i was to build one i would do it right and get something like what livestream is offering

Building a live stream video studio takes a lot more equipment than I thought go into it.
    Now, I am paying close attention on a daily basis for an opportunity to buy Wirecast at a good price.

I'm not a cheap-o, but I still have to buy several other expensive equipment.
    I'm already into this more than a few thousand - mixer, camera, mics, capture card, computer, etc.
    Yes, the computer is multipurpose, but the one I built is a bit overkill for daily stuff.

It would be nice if the Buy,Sell,Trade forums accomodated sharing of special pricing noted by members.

Buy, Sell, Trade, Special Prices - among members only
    Last edited by domineaux; 05-30-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks for this post. Im going to be building something soon. Question. Do the parts you listed work as a Hackintosh also?

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Building a live stream video studio takes a lot more equipment than I thought go into it.
    Now, I am paying close attention on a daily basis for an opportunity to buy Wirecast at a good price.

I'm not a cheap-o, but I still have to buy several other expensive equipment.
    I'm already into this more than a few thousand - mixer, camera, mics, capture card, computer, etc.
    Yes, the computer is multipurpose, but the one I built is a bit overkill for daily stuff.

It would be nice if the Buy,Sell,Trade forums accomodated sharing of special pricing noted by members.

Buy, Sell, Trade, Special Prices - among members only
    What did you have in mind. We might be able to do something like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast