International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: How to make money podcasting

How to make money podcasting

I know this is asked all the time. Im personally am no where near the level to start making serious money with my podcast but I was wondering how some of you guys (who do make money) do it. Is it affiliate programs? Do you go out and find the companies or leave sit to companies like podtrac?

I would love to get some info from you big shots
    you best get steppin

About 30% of my income in Affiliate sales. I also offer consulting. I have a member ship site, and I've penned two books. I occasionally get donations, and I have a few people on my patreon page. I don't have ONE big thing, but I do have lots of little stuff. You can see my income reports (which I have quit posting and I was worried that I might make people feel bad if they were not doing as well, and as well as it might make people think I was bragging - even though others do far better than I do). The main reason for the income reports was to promote my book More Podcast Money which covers all the ways you can benefit from a podcast.

If you go affiliate (easiest to setup) be sure to have a product that fits your audience. It works best if its something you are already using, and can talk about it first hand. For example I use a fitbit (pedometer). I talk about it on my Logical Weight Loss podcast. Every time someone buys one I make around $9. They run $59 - $99. That fits my audience. A total gym ($300 and hard to ship) did not (I promoted them for a year).

As for podtrac and libsyn (who I use for my hosting) you need 10s of thousands of downloads.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Unfortunately, affiliate programs are designed to make them rich, not you.
    Best Regards,

HTLA Staff
    HTLA RADIO 1 New York
    www.HTLARADIO1.com

g i v i n g y o u t h e u l t i m a t e b r o a d c a s t e x p e r i e n c e™

That is true to some extent but there are plenty of people running affiliate ads on their podcasts and they do pretty well. I know someone who runs godaddy ads and he is able to make atleast 30,000 just from that one ad a year.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Tom Leykis netted $75k so far this year from his Amazon affiliate sales…If you have the numbers, affiliate programs can work well.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

I have been wondering this same thing for a while. I dont intend on becoming rich like Leykis from my podcast but would rather get my pills paid. I have an amazon affiliate account and it helps a lot.