International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: CASPER CG - Video Playout Software

CASPER CG - Video Playout Software

Came across this software and I thought I'd share for anyone creating graphics for their shows...

http://www.casparcg.com/

FEATURES

CasparCG: professional graphics and video play-out software
    Proven in 24/7 broadcasts since 2006

• Plays simultaneous layers of dynamic graphics, videos and images in real-time for all broadcast, show, event and signage needs.
    • Supports multiple inputs and outputs of both SD and HD to HD-SDI, HDMI and/or computer screens with key/alpha, including SDI-embedded audio. Comprehensive protocol allows for automated operation or manual control from any platform.
    • Wide codec support including ProRes, DNxHD and DVCPROHD for both playback and rendering to disk.
    • High-performance with asynchronous and multi-threaded I/O and paired with GPU-accelerated real-time image adjustments and compositing with blend modes.
    • A typical computer running the CasparCG Server software can simultaneously play back several 1080p50 videos with embedded alpha and audio together with several layers of dynamic text and graphics to multiple outputs such as screens and projectors. Add one or more pro video cards for live video/audio input(s) and output(s) to SD/HD-SDI.

I will be watching this thread to read discussions.

Thanks for posting this, good information.