International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All mixed up!

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Are you asking about a sound card? Mac people tend to like the Griffin iMic. Since you're getting a Behringer mixer, don't get the UCA202. Macs get confused. If your Mac Pro has an audio line input, you can use the Behringer USB audio codec output for the main audio to computer, and you can use an aux out to the Mac Pro line input for mix minus.

If that's not your question, let me know.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Mike,
    Looks like we miss-read each other since I was referring to the rack-mounted mixer options mentioned above. When you posted your reference to the Barringer over the Alesis I wrongly assumed you were recommending the Behringer RX1202FX. This is the one I would like to connect to my MacPro.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-14-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Appended content

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Hello Mike
    Okay, I went ahead and hit the mouse key and ordered the infamous Behringer mixer. Although it defies my usual passion for the fancier and more expensive variant, I decided to be practical for once. Besides, I know I can count on you for help if I get my wires crossed.

By the way, do you have a recommendation for a (DI) insert to my Mac? Yeah I know, but for now my aging Mac Pro will have to do. I'm building a Windows PC but that's going to take a while.
    Which Behringer mixer?

This was the one I was considering but without a USB interface I guess it's more of a hassle than it's worth: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/RX1202FX.aspx
    The backside of it looks very similar to that of the Alesis rigs in post #6 which I also like.

Anyway, I just went ahead and followed Mike's blog recommendation and ordered the 'Behringer XENYX X1204USB 12-Channel Mixer'. Seems like it's hard to go wrong with this one, especially at this price.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XENY...XENYX+X1204USB
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-17-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: More to say...

Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    Are you asking about a sound card? Mac people tend to like the Griffin iMic. Since you're getting a Behringer mixer, don't get the UCA202. Macs get confused. If your Mac Pro has an audio line input, you can use the Behringer USB audio codec output for the main audio to computer, and you can use an aux out to the Mac Pro line input for mix minus.

If that's not your question, let me know.
    Thanks Mike, that covers it quite well. Actually, it was me they got my wires crossed but now I got it. The mixer arrives sometime today so I should be up and running in no time.

Well, I finally received the Behringer X1204USB mixer and after about a 15-minute set-up tutorial with Mike Phillips, it's working perfectly! The YouTube videos on how to set-up the whole mix/minus thing' etc. are helpful, but nothing beats a virtual hands-on Skype assisted tutorial by a Sound Engineer.

While this may be the end to this thread, I would still like to say publicly, thanks to Mike Phillips for providing an invaluable service to fellow forum members.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-19-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: corrected content

I love it when people work together as a community...what a great group!!

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I'm glad I was able to help. Be sure to let us know when you start publishing your podcast.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Mike is the man... of that there is no doubt. Also, congrats Dan, can't wait to hear your podcast and AlBlurr... 'sup? Have you started recording with that bad assed mixer yet? Want to hear ur stuff dude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12