International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: What do Friends and Family Think of Your Podcast?

Lightbulb What do Friends and Family Think of Your Podcast?

hey guys its been a while since I was on here and I just started co hosting a friends comedy podcast. I had a few people listen to it and their reaction was interesting. Almost confused as to why someone would do a "radio show" without being on the radio.

So that got me thinking... What do your friends and family think of your podcast? What is their reaction to listening to you?

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Podnutter View Post
    hey guys its been a while since I was on here and I just started co hosting a friends comedy podcast. I had a few people listen to it and their reaction was interesting. Almost confused as to why someone would do a "radio show" without being on the radio.

So that got me thinking... What do your friends and family think of your podcast? What is their reaction to listening to you?
    I have been doing a "podcast" on and off since early 2011. My family really doesn't understand the concept behind doing a web show. But my friends "teenagers" understand the concept and like the idea of it. Some of them even watch my show weekly which is really cool!
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

At first they were confused by podcasting... Now, they are starting to understand and even listen to other podcasts. I think deep down they want to at least try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Podnutter View Post

This is such a great question. When I started in 2009 people gave the standard "ohh wow thats cool" response. When they found out Podcasting was becoming my full time Job they thought it was insane.

As far as content goes its always been pretty positive. Strangely enough many of my past high school friends and people from the neighborhood listen regularly.

My family has been extremely supportive with it.

A few friends have listened to my podcast and told me it was good. You really cant tell sometimes if they are just being polite or they really like it. My family has no idea that I do a podcast.

I did get in trouble at work for one of the podcasts I did.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I don't have any friends.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

My wife is supportive, but I can tell that the amount of time I have to spend editing annoys her.

My friends and family that actually know that I'm into the stuff keep asking me when the hell am I going to start. I have taken procrastination to a whole new level. Seemingly, I get wrapped around the axle on the smallest of details and then lose interest for a while. Not sure if its just part of being retired, or simply a character defect.