International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Auphonic Productions

Auphonic Productions

Has anyone used the free processing tool from Auphonic Productions? I've just started to play around with it and it looks like it might shave some time from my editing process. I'm interested in seeing if anyone has positive or negative experiences with it.

Not Bad - Can't beat the price

I use it for the "Ask the podcast coach" show to level out the volumes of callers, remove noise, etc. Good stuff. This is something I do days in advance of actually needing or editing the file. It does take a bit and if you're sitting and waiting, it seems like forever. Also, much like the free "levelator" software it is not a miracle worker. If you have "some" noise, and "some" deviation in volume levels it will work fine. As always, try to get the volumes set as you record (and then you don't need this). I played with their app and was surprised how well it polished the built in microphone of my iphone. It was "listenable" audio.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Thanks for the comments! I think that it'll be a nice finishing touch on our show, and I love how it outputs in multiple formats. I'm thinking of using it to also have a YouTube version of our audio show. I have to go through and add labels in Audacity and remove mouse clicks and coughs from some of our hosts, and there's no easy solution to automate all that.