International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Editing Your Own Podcast Episodes

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Why, gee golly, I love editing my podcast episodes!

4 28.57%
  • I hate it but I do it anyway. Gotta show love to my fans.

6 42.86%
  • Meh, I do it sometimes.

1 7.14%
  • ...I don't do it at all.

3 21.43%

Thread: How Long Does It Take You To Edit Out Your Podcast?

Hybrid View

How Long Does It Take You To Edit Out Your Podcast?

Before the podcast I had went on hiatus, I used to run a podcast called, "That Prepper Guy Podcast."

Knowingly, I would outline each and every episode but I would also find myself editing out the audio of my podcast.

Getting rid of the "errs" and the "ahhs". It's so time-consuming and painful to listen to.

How long does it take you to edit out your podcast?

I haven't edited my podcasting a few years but when I was editing it would take about an hour. All we do is editing the beginning and the end. I dont think I have ever had to edit out something from the show.

I do an audio only podcast and when I started I was editing out all the ummss and ahhs and errs. It would take forever. I stopped editing the show and just leave it the way it is

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    It's a lot faster to learn to leave out the errs and uhs. People are used to hearing them, so don't go overboard.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

takes me about double time - so for an hour show its a two hour process. 1st have to make sure my crew doesn't cross the line on jokes (a lot have to be scrapped, just out of decency! haha) then need to splice in the title track, sound effects, and I always cherry pick few blooper outtakes for the end of the show.

I am working towards live streaming, but for the past couple years I've only done post edited videos.

The best way to handle post edits, IMO.

Take the time to develop a script, and write it down word for word just like an actors script.

I recommend this free program for a read back after you write your script. That is if you want to hear how it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6lk_3R29o

There are many free voices you can use with the Balabolka application. I bought some to get more realistic voices.

When you read directly from a script you will provide more information in less time, and you will not bore people with all the personal junk that usually accompanies off the cuff explanations.

This is a great tool I use all the time. Don't laugh it works very well. I have a clicker I use when I am reading the script.

http://www.petco.com/product/9698/Pe...-Clicker.aspx?

When I make a mistake in reading my script I pause for a second and click into the microphone. When I load the file into my editor there are two spikes visible in the timeline where I made the clicks. The clicker makes two distinctive hard clicks, which are easy to see. This way you can find your mistakes and edit them very quickly.

You can also use the clicker, if you don't use a script. Just click when you hmmm, ahh,err or uhhh. This will speed up your post edits.

It is amazing how something so simple can speed things up. I use it when I create videos with multiple actors as well. I do clicks just prior to each actor speaking when I make one recording of the entire scene or when I create separate recordings of each actor. This way I can separate the actors audio onto separate tracks or into one track easily.
    The important part is to see where to start your edits on the timeline. The clicker audio spikes on the timeline show clearly where to make your edits.

I use audio tracks as my principal sync tool because video will be in sync as well. It is extremely important to make sure voice and actor sync properly at the start of your recordings for proper lipsync.

I am using the clicker as a clapper.

http://www.studio1productions.com/cl...FUeBfgod3REAtw
    Last edited by domineaux; 05-03-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Junior Member Ron Redwalker Knight's Avatar

Smile Low-cost Audio Editing Service In The World!

Quote Originally Posted by FlowlyAudio View Post
    Before the podcast I had went on hiatus, I used to run a podcast called, "That Prepper Guy Podcast."

Knowingly, I would outline each and every episode but I would also find myself editing out the audio of my podcast.

Getting rid of the "errs" and the "ahhs". It's so time-consuming and painful to listen to.

How long does it take you to edit out your podcast?
    Hello everyone. I understand how time consuming it is to edit a podcast. With lots of practice, in time you'll get used to it. But if you have no time to edit your own podcast, as an audio editor, I can help you out. Please visit http://lowcostaudioediting.weebly.com and I will help you make your podcast sound like a pro. Thanks for your time.

Ron I see that you posted this on a few threads. Its getting a little spammy..