International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you chose something other than Wirecast....

Agreed but when WC5 was introduced last year there was I believe a 30"%" discount that made it equal or a little lower in price to the vMix software. Still not "cheap" but everything is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    AlBurr said

Checked out the wirecast site, and $500 isn't a cheap introductory price. Maybe, I missed something?

I'm Just starting with live streaming. I am not sure I want to keep pouring money at livestream hardware, and software tools for something that I may not be interested to continue to do.

Currently, after alot of research I am thinking more about doing audio podcasting.

I have bought quite a nice setup for video including capture cards, cameras, lighting, mixer, microphones, headsets, furniture, etc. setting up for live streaming. I have quite abit invested and thought I should at least give it a go after spending all the time, energy and money to do live streaming.

One big hurdle at this time is a PC solution to chromakey for live streaming. I have most of the chromakey things I need, except everything I have purchased works with post production editing *not live streaming.
    Last edited by AlBurr; 04-25-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Hmmm

Best way to buy Wirecast. I am not sure I want to buy a wirecast proprietary version that works with youtube or ustream only. I think , it would be best if I had a wirecast studio version that would work with many streaming providers.

I mean the studio versions are still $200 and they appear to be dedicated to the streaming service. I would want studio version, because I need chromakey.

I should probably just hold off and wait for wirecast discount sale or something. I can do the testing I need to do with the dedicated free versions for a while.

You can use the Wirecast Studio trial version. All the features work although it's watermarked (video and audio).

Domineaux have you tried xSplit or Open Broadcaster. Not sure if they will meet all your needs but worth a look if you haven't already done so...

Quote Originally Posted by AlBurr View Post
    Domineaux have you tried xSplit or Open Broadcaster. Not sure if they will meet all your needs but worth a look if you haven't already done so...
    I have downloaded both. I'm currently exploring the various software and streaming providers.

I don't want to be locked into one or a few providers.
    From all I've read things change with streaming providers.

The wirecast is probably a very good choice, but I'm thinking it is best to have the generic version provided by Wirecast. Youtube has the free version, which doesn't allow chromakey The producer 2 from ustream and then livestream has their free version as well. The Xsplit and OBS provide the chromakey.

I am sure you know that free usually means you are tied in to the provider of the free stuff. It may not be a place you want to be. Making videos, is work. So, I'm just trying to know as much as possible not to get involved in a bad situation for long term.

I'm pretty well convinced unless I can make something of the xsplit or OBS, wirecast is the best choice. So, I will be hanging on the boards and watching for promo pricing on the wirecast generic version.

Also, I want the flexibility to play video on my website as it is being recorded. In other words, I don't want to have to push viewers to a proprietary site of the service provider for viewing. I want to be able to upload to youtube and other video player sites as easily as possible.

example...livestream requires viewers must have account with livestream for viewing. In other words, I don't want to restrict or make it difficult for viewers in any fashion.
    Last edited by domineaux; 04-28-2014 at 12:10 PM.

I am very impressed with OBS. I used it recently and really surprised how it has come along

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12