I now have five domains and five youtube accounts prepared for live events. The content from these five accounts and domains have very little cross over relevance. In other words, they are basically different enough to have very different viewers.

Currently, I have a couple of youtube channels that are working, but they are principally for testing. Youtube recently wrote me emails indicating my accounts are in good standing and they will allow me to stream live events. I have been aware of hangouts, but I did not go there. Interactive live hangouts doesn't really appeal to me. Principally, because the content of my videos don't need the noise from many voices. Maybe, it is just me. I prefer not to watch saved hangouts, because the participants are too impromptu in the discussions. I consider this back and forth discussion cumbersome and time consuming.

My experience with youtube and other video sites may not be typical, but it is my experience. Viewers don't stay with my videos longer than 10 minutes according to youtube stats. When you consider movie trailers vs other video content... The movie distributors rarely produce trailers for internet viewing longer than 3 minutes. Most are approximately 2 minutes. The movie trailers are crammed full of action snippets and move very fast. The competition for viewers is such the movie distributors want a few minutes of your time and they do their best to get their information to you in that 2 minutes. I have thought it might make sense to produce trailers for my content, because it is difficult to produce short videos with competent content.

Enough background... I notice now that Google has made a major thrust to push everyone to one account. This caused me to think in new ways. Immediately when I read that I realized this was a way to censor content, because if you are blocked in one youtube account you will be blocked in all your accounts. I have learned as well that Google shuts down your associated Gmail account as well. You can't even contact Google without going through considerable effort, if your account is blocked. I have read this on many blogs. I don't plan to have problems with Google, but the way the US congress is trying to control the internet and now journalists who knows how far it the oppression of free speech can go. As it is now, it is my understanding that complaints from viewers that may be opposed to your content can actually get your account closed.

My question is whether to establish one account on the various video sites and then spin the content from the 5 content categories I plan to produce on the single account? Or should I have 5 separate video accounts on the video sites and maintain category integrity in this fashion?

I would be interested to know what other members are doing when producing and posting videos of separate and distinct content.

Since, I own my website domains and have a virtual private server I can do as I please with my websites. I am planning to use the major video sites in order to have better SEO results. I do plan to maintain all video files on my server to be viewed on the websites as well. I am thinking to embed from the major video sites, but I do plan to maintain a complete respository on my server as well.