International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: compare both behringer mixer XENYX X1222USB and XENYX X2442USB

The X32 is a great looking mixer. However, the cost of that mixer, when compared with the 2442, is well over twice that of the other.

Regarding Skype not liking Firewire audio devices... If you are running Skype on different machines, which I am, then the Firewire issues is not a problem, as the audio of Skype can be received into the mixer from the output of the machine into the mixer and visa-versa. The use of Firewire, or USB for that matter, is something I tend to bypass in the implementation of any mixer I use.

The only advantage might be, IF Wirecast were able to recognize multiple digital inputs (from Firewire, or USB), which it does not, the ability to use the audio delay capability of it to sync audio in those difficult bandwidth challenged calls where the sync is off.
    Last edited by rwildman; 05-08-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

I've been working with my X2442USB and I'm a bit challenged by settings for the compressor function.

Mostly voice, and some music background or jingle is my requirement. I would appreciate to read how other users working with the compressor and gain maintain good audio quality and hopefully to have enough compressor function to keep good volume level when people speak too loud or on occasion get very loud.

If I need to buy a standalone compressor or gateway I can live with that. If a standalone hardware is the only best way to accomplish I would appreciate some recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by rwildman View Post
    The X32 is a great looking mixer. However, the cost of that mixer, when compared with the 2442, is well over twice that of the other.

Regarding Skype not liking Firewire audio devices... If you are running Skype on different machines, which I am, then the Firewire issues is not a problem, as the audio of Skype can be received into the mixer from the output of the machine into the mixer and visa-versa. The use of Firewire, or USB for that matter, is something I tend to bypass in the implementation of any mixer I use.

The only advantage might be, IF Wirecast were able to recognize multiple digital inputs (from Firewire, or USB), which it does not, the ability to use the audio delay capability of it to sync audio in those difficult bandwidth challenged calls where the sync is off.
    If the Behringer X18 Mixer has multi-track recording, I'll get it.

Seems like you'll be getting it

Recording Simplicity

The incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface also makes the X18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Whether you’re making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances – it’s never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting this feature but doesn't this mean you can have 18 separate channels out the USB to the PC thus Multi-Track?

Quote Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    I've been working with my X2442USB and I'm a bit challenged by settings for the compressor function.

Mostly voice, and some music background or jingle is my requirement. I would appreciate to read how other users working with the compressor and gain maintain good audio quality and hopefully to have enough compressor function to keep good volume level when people speak too loud or on occasion get very loud.

If I need to buy a standalone compressor or gateway I can live with that. If a standalone hardware is the only best way to accomplish I would appreciate some recommendations.
    It is pretty simple. Don't use the compressor function. See Mike Phillips advice on this. Sage as always. THe mixer works fine and is very clean if you set your audio up properly in the first place. The only time I run the compression is during sports broadcasts where a commentator can vget excited very quickly. In that case I set the compression only one or two notches only, enough to take the spike off. Now when monioring, as the compressor kicks in you will hear a "pop" which alerts me that I have to adjust the channel fader on the mixer. Compression is no subsitute for actively monitoring and adjusting the volumes.

The X18 doesn't have aux sends?

I am surprised the Behringer X2442USB does not do multi-track via usb (please tell me I am wrong).

The Alesis MultiMix 16 USB FX:
    All 16 channels on the MultiMix 16 can be recorded into a computer, along with the stereo Main Mix output, over the USB 2.0 connection. In addition, a stereo feed from the computer can be returned to the mixer for monitoring or mixing purposes.
    http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug0...timixUSB16.htm

Seemingly, the 'newer' Behringer offerings are impressive. Since the X18 got mentioned above I'll go ahead and mention the X32 Rack. The backside shows Aux IN/Aux OUT so I can only guess that it means the same thing as Aux Send and Aux Return.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-25-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: changed content
    My top-secret email address is: DanOrtego {at} gmail

Last edited by MGadAllah; 05-08-2016 at 01:37 AM.
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

Quote Originally Posted by MGadAllah View Post
    the meaning of the features that are marked with - under the x2442
    Those functions are not available on the 2442.
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

Last edited by MGadAllah; 05-08-2016 at 01:38 AM.
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast