International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the differences between both DBX 286s & Behringer MDX4600 ? I want to know !

Wink

Thanks a lot and much appreciated.
    I've told you before that I've got the qx1204usb mixer by mistake instead of ordering the one you recommended earlier, and now I'd like to know if I can make use of this mixer while it is missing the insert option or I should buy the x1222usb instead to get the insert option or there is any work around to do the job of the insert?
    Or there is something still missing for me and I do not understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    No, that's not what I mean. All of the inputs I mentioned are analog inputs and outputs. USB is digital.
    So there is no use for the USB option I've got in the mixer this way, right!?
    In such cases my friend, what could be the differences between getting behringer with usb or mackie/yamaha without usb taken into consideration that mackie or yamaha are better as far as I read?

METHOD 1: Connect a cable from either the "Tape Outs" RCA jacks on the top panel or the "Main Outputs" XLR outputs on the rear panel to the input jacks on the MDX 4600.
    Please excuse my question but honestly I want to ask about RCA jacks you mentioned? do you mean this RCA? rca.jpg

You don't need an external recorder.
    How can I record the podcast or the audiobook using analog without digital connection to computer and not using digital recorder?

METHOD 2: The disadvantage of this method is that it is more complicated.
    I think having the ability to monitor everything is better option.

Both of these methods are covered in the manual.
    When you are saying a manual you mean the one attached with the hardware when I got it from amazon because I've only got the quick start guide and it does not includes such details at all.I do not mind of course to search and read to learn.

As far as I know, I have described the process as clearly as I know how to describe it.
    I am sure and I am repeat my questions because I am new to all of these details.

Read the manually carefully - multiple times - and then figure it out. It's not that hard.
    Honestly the quick start guide does not include anything and I can photo it to let you see it my friend.

I don't like or use the MDX 4600. The Behringer mixer has compressors built into channels one through four. If you want to mess up your audio with a compressor, why not just use those and save money?

Good luck.
    I thought using MDX4600 is a better way to get a better quality.

Last thing to ask about is how to connect both MDX4600 and dbx286s.

Thanks a lot my dear friend
    Take care mike
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

MGadAllah, I assume that English is a second language for you. Mike has answered all of your questions in great detail. I suggest that you go back over what he was written as many times as necessary to understand it.

As far as the 286 and the 4600 are concerned, you're crazy to use both, but if you must, hook up the 286 the way he said and then hook up the 4600 as he instructed. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Mike goes way out of his way to help people get started, but you really do need to read and study the available materials to understand what he is saying. The Behringer manuals are not good, although you might want to download one for an older mixer, like the MX2642A (http://www.behringer.com/assets/MX2642A_P0019_M_EN.pdf). If that doesn't help, read one of the Mackie manuals. They're better for beginners.

Your QX1204USB mixer should do exactly what you want. If you insist on buying a new one, don't get the 1622. Get the one Mike recommended. He has a solid reason for every recommendation he makes.

I know he'll read this, but let me suggest that you not contact him with questions about the MDX 4600. If you do, his answer will be, "Don't use it." So, I saved you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaunders View Post
    MGadAllah, I assume that English is a second language for you.
    Yes it is my friend.
    Mike has answered all of your questions in great detail. I suggest that you go back over what he was written as many times as necessary to understand it.
    Ok my friend I will do so
    As far as the 286 and the 4600 are concerned, you're crazy to use both, but if you must, hook up the 286 the way he said and then hook up the 4600 as he instructed. The two have nothing to do with each other.
    May I ask which one comes 1st before the other? Actually I thought using booth will make sound gets better and more better. Sorry for my foolish questions.
    Mike goes way out of his way to help people get started, but you really do need to read and study the available materials to understand what he is saying.
    Yes mike is a very nice and helpful guy indeed.
    The Behringer manuals are not good, although you might want to download one for an older mixer, like the MX2642A (http://www.behringer.com/assets/MX2642A_P0019_M_EN.pdf). If that doesn't help, read one of the Mackie manuals. They're better for beginners.
    Thanks for the tip? But how extend I can apply the Mackie manual to behringer?
    Your QX1204USB mixer should do exactly what you want. If you insist on buying a new one, don't get the 1622. Get the one Mike recommended. He has a solid reason for every recommendation he makes.
    Yes I read the chart comparing miers and I've picked the x1222 and it is 229 usd and I do not know if it fits for what mike recommended or not? I hope he may read this as you said and reply.
    I know he'll read this, but let me suggest that you not contact him with questions about the MDX 4600. If you do, his answer will be, "Don't use it." So, I saved you some time.
    no worries my friend, Mike knows that I do respect what he want and how he wants to run things (if you do not understand this part, he will because he know my point )
    But regarding Mackie, does using a digital recorder like zoom H4N may remove the need for the usb to record on the computer? or I got it wrong?
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12