International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Compressors

Behringer has become the go to brand for Podcasters. I wish it worked for me. I tried a few of their products and did not have a good experience. I know a few people who use the 286 and they love it. I cant wait to set them all up in the studio

IAIB Broadcaster
    I'm very wary of Behringer, too. Go for the most quality you can afford: a classy piece of secondhand gear is often no more expensive than a new Behringer.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPete View Post
    I'm very wary of Behringer, too. Go for the most quality you can afford: a classy piece of secondhand gear is often no more expensive than a new Behringer.
    Maybe so, but if it goes bad you are stuck. The Behringer 1204 we started with died with a pop after a couple of weeks, Musician's Friend replaced it within 3 days, in time for the next show. When we upgraded to the x2442USB, I bought the extended warranty with it, but also got a couple of used Behringer mixers (2642's) from craig's list for REAL cheep as spares (Mike is using one of them :-). The new one has been working like a champ since we got it. I also have two of the MDX4600 units, and some smaller ones. All the USB sound cards are behringer (even if they call it something else), and have been working none stop for a long time.
    So all in all I have to say that my experience with Behringer has been superb and unless something changes drastically with their quality, I will probably keep buying their gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12