International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Ways To Earn Money In Podcasting

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Dave Could you go into detail on what type of link it was? Did you try contacting them? What did they say?
    Dave talks about his experience at Banned for Life: Amazon Associates One Strike Policy.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Its interesting. There is for sure a lot of grey.

Has anyone here had any success with local advertising?
    you best get steppin

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    There are some podcasters who have been able to sell advertising to local sponsors but only for local events. Local sports events can be profitable. Tom Sinclair knows more about that.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

may some one share an example?
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

I personally dont like taking money from local businesses that i use. I do however do trade agreements with them. A local establishment has been advertising on the Network for 4 years and in return they comp all our meals and provide us with recording space when we need it. Something like that is more valuable then money.

I personally dont like taking money from local businesses that i use. I do however do trade agreements with them. A local establishment has been advertising on the Network for 4 years and in return they comp all our meals and provide us with recording space when we need it. Something like that is more valuable then money.
    Sometimes its better to cultivate a local relationship then look for the $$. Andrew is on to something with regards to looking at mutually beneficial arrangements.
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Bartering is technically illegal according to US tax codes. Not saying to not pursue those arrangements but be careful in case of an audit.

Our network focuses on local content and thus we are entirely advertiser supported from local businesses. Local HS sports coverage has been the easiest sell. The majority of our weekly shows/podcasts are supported by anywhere from 1-5 "sponsors" each. We invoice monthly. Our network is An offshoot of our popular local news and informational website which is an advantage because we can package podcasts sponsorships with display advertising packages on the main site. Things are really picking up the past several months as people in our area are getting used to the type of content we produce. Our mobile app has also helped as it is the easiest way to get to our content on smartphones or in the car.

Jim I'm not sure about bartering but Trade Agreements are definitely not illegal. It is only "illegal if you don't inform the IRS.

It is only "illegal if you don't inform the IRS.
    Tru dat...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast