International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Ways To Earn Money In Podcasting

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar

The Best Ways To Earn Money In Podcasting

Ok, here's a question for everyone, not just the “experts’”…What are some of the most effective ways to earn from your podcast? All opinions and experiences welcomed.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    I have been using Amazon affiliates for a few months now and have had great success with it.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Yeah, I know one former radio guy who is killing with his Amazon Affiliate program. It's pretty impressive and way to earn that should not be overlooked! Thanks for the feedback!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Please may I know more information about how to let it work in such a way?
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

IAIB Broadcaster
    An interesting model is how iMore.com monetizes via a store. I am pretty sure they don't run any ads on their podcasts, but if you look on there site they have a store. They do reviews of products and put a link to buy at the bottom of the article. The site says "THE #1 ACCESSORY STORE | 2 MILLION+ ORDERS SHIPPED" so I am guessing it does pretty well.
    Get a PC!

#1. Don't get into podcasting for money.

Selling your own product or service (like a book) will reap good rewards. I made $2000 last year with Amazon. Be careful and always direct people back to your site (no redirect links) to click on your amazon banner. I recently got banned for life from amazon for using the wrong type of link.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

At GFQ We generate revenue by doing the traditional live read. It has been a model that has worked great for us. We have been using Podtrac as our Ad agency for a few years no.... It makes my life much easier knowing that they are doing the leg work. The downside is that you need a large audience for them to even consider your show.

We are also part of the amazon affiliate program. I suggest anyone starting out in podcasting to do the amazon affiliate program but be sure to read the terms of service

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    At GFQ We generate revenue by doing the traditional live read. It has been a model that has worked great for us. We have been using Podtrac as our Ad agency for a few years no.... It makes my life much easier knowing that they are doing the leg work. The downside is that you need a large audience for them to even consider your show.

We are also part of the amazon affiliate program. I suggest anyone starting out in podcasting to do the amazon affiliate program but be sure to read the terms of service
    What are the requirements for Podtrac? How much money do they take from the ad that they find for you?

I have also been using Amazon for a while now. During the holidays you can make a pretty penny

Im not sure what it is currently but at one point they required 20k unique listeners/viewers a month

Dave Could you go into detail on what type of link it was? Did you try contacting them? What did they say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast