International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Motivates You To Do what You Do?

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar

Question What Motivates You To Do what You Do?

I was asked this question this morning when being interviewed for an upcoming PBS documentary...What motivates you?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

IAIB Pro Broadcaster thetechbuzz's Avatar
    The motivation for me comes from people who constantly say "I can't" or "You'll never amount to anything" that just pushes me to prove them wrong. My wife and kids motivate me, because I hope one day, my kids will be able to get use of what I've been working hard to build to make their life a lot better. Knowing where you came from and where your going, having vision is motivation.
    Stephen Heywood
    Host/Owner of
    The Tech Buzz www.thetechbuzz.net
    and
    TTB Network www.ttbn.tv

Quote Originally Posted by thetechbuzz View Post
    The motivation for me comes from people who constantly say "I can't" or "You'll never amount to anything" that just pushes me to prove them wrong. My wife and kids motivate me, because I hope one day, my kids will be able to get use of what I've been working hard to build to make their life a lot better. Knowing where you came from and where your going, having vision is motivation.
    Thats some great motivation!...I was once asked/told "what do you know about writing a book?" I was also asked "how can you talk hair loss on the radio week in and week out?...You can never make that work."

I am motivated to succeed by my family and my peers. It takes a lot of time and energy to do a full time job, be a husband and entertain your interests. I feel that if I can do it I can inspire others to do it. I look forward to a day when people will be like " that guy did it with so much going on and if he can do it so can I"
    Follow My Take Radio on Twitter: @MyTakeRadio

My Take Radio broadcasts live every Thursday at 11pm est and can be heard on Blog Talk Radio.

Become a fan on Facebook,Add us on Google+ and follow our boards on Pinterest

Fun. Fun is what Motivates me to keep podcasting. I enjoying doing it. I don't plan on ever making money or becoming a big podcasting star. I like having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Podnutter View Post
    Fun. Fun is what Motivates me to keep podcasting. I enjoying doing it. I don't plan on ever making money or becoming a big podcasting star. I like having fun.
    Well said... I feel the same. As long as you are having fun and enjoying podcasting then you can keep going. If you don't have fun why bother...

This is great question... As I thought about this I can identify with many of the "motivators" put forth. But for me it's often "curiosity" that motivates me to continue on my journey. I am always wondering what's around the next corner.

All good stuff! I do it, in part, simply for the love of the game. I really enjoy the concept of being able to sit behind that mic, turn on my camera and broadcast my message to whoever is interested in listening.

As a guy who is stricken with severe arthritis and pretty much immobile now, (bear in mind that in my mind I am still the guy who thought about home as just a place to sleep, because other than that I was always out and on the go) I am motivated by my affliction and situation. Basically, its F-U arthritis and pain, I may be down, but thanks to technology, I'm not out. Two things I learned from my past coaches and mentors is "Can't never could" and "Nothing works... until you do!" So every time I make a client happy with my tech services, real estate services and productions, I say to myself "Eat shit and bark at the moon arthritis... you lose again!"

BTW, a shameless plug, but I am preparing a new podcast for real estate agents and brokers about tech tools and eMarketing plans, specifically for the real estate industry. Although there are tons of tech podcasts, my niche is to get specific to just tech for the real estate industry. The name of the podcast is Realty Geek Radio.

In the immortal words of Winston Churchill in his famous 3 word speech: "Never Give Up!"

Truly inspirational! Love your podcast concept! It's all about filling niches. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast