International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Podcasts On How To Podcast

IAIB Pro Broadcaster Spencer Kobren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTakeRadio View Post
    I listen to those shows just to see what people are talking about with regards to being "successful". People think that by touting their bank rolls that they will get people to follow them into the trenches. There is no full proof recipe for success much like some people are great at podcasting and some people suck at it. I'd rather fall 100 times and get up stronger then follow someone elses blueprint for success.

If you made a 100 grand podcasting in a year then you clearly have all the tools to make it work but not everyone has that type of good fortune. Take risks, work hard and stay humble and success will come. I got 200 plus episodes under my belt and each one is 3hrs long and in some cases longer. I think I do a good job but am I swimming in money? Not in the least but I love what I do and will keep working at it till I get to where I want to be. I'd rather be the man that practices and masters one kick 10,000 times then be the guy who touts he knows 10,000 kicks.
    Well said!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @spencerkobren

Please may you tell an example of how to make a money from a podcast because I never imagine such a think and never think about it ever before.
    Mohamed GadAllah
    EGYPT-Cairo

I recently listened to a podcast that was advising podcasters to start putting ads on as soon as they start the show. He suggested doing affiliate programs to make it seem like they have "real" advertisers...

That might have been me. This may not be as big a deal as say 2007. In the past if people started having Ads their audience might object and want the "good old days" when there were no ads. If you have them from the start, they get used to hearing advertising. With so many "top" podcasters having ads, that may not be as big of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TommySulivan View Post
    I recently listened to a podcast that was advising podcasters to start putting ads on as soon as they start the show. He suggested doing affiliate programs to make it seem like they have "real" advertisers...
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Quote Originally Posted by podcastcoach View Post
    That might have been me. This may not be as big a deal as say 2007. In the past if people started having Ads their audience might object and want the "good old days" when there were no ads. If you have them from the start, they get used to hearing advertising. With so many "top" podcasters having ads, that may not be as big of an issue.
    I think its actually good advice. Learning how to deliver live reads is just part of improving as a broadcaster. There is no harm in having affiliate advertisers when you start out.

Quote Originally Posted by podcastcoach View Post
    Hi Dave. It wasnt you. I listen to your podcast every week. big fan!

This is a great thread, but I have a some issues with the advice given here. I've seen many "slogans" and quotations that really don't appear to address the issue or provide meaningful information. Pardon me, but I am not always able to totally express what I have to say so others can understand.

It doesn't matter whether a talented person is born with talent or drive, or whether he or she learns talent. You can have an abundance of talent and drive, and even the best of equipment. None of these will guarantee fame or fortune. You can only try your best to assemble everything you can, and be willing to learn from others. Other people may offer you advice on how to podcast, get good audio, etc. Your audience can be an invaluable resource concerning audio, video and your ability to maintain interest, engage people etc.

I'm an old guy. I had a few fumbling shows before I decided to retire. Now I just make YouTube videos sometimes. I have a small and loyal audience. I come from a generation that insisted we need to polish our presentation. We need to know proper grammar, spelling etc. I was lucky because I have excellent speaking and writing skills, when I take the time to exercise them. However, I constantly battle my own anxiety, dyslexia, and several other ailments that were never officially diagnosed.

I've watched many online broadcasters, and even movie and TV celebrities. I wonder when people stopped caring about Intelligent Communication. So many "younger generations" constantly misuse the word "like," the word "your," etc.

Everyone here has made some excellent recommendations. But, in my estimation, all this information is cheapened if we fail to encourage our people to speak and write properly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234