International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Guest requesting take down for an interview

Guest requesting take down for an interview

A friend and fellow podcaster is experiencing a strange issue with a guest he had on my show over a year ago. The show is a comedy based podcast and the guest knew what they were coming on for. There was nothing over the top said during the interview but a year later the guest contacted him and asked for them to take the interview here is what they stated in the email :

" HI I was wondering if you can please remove the interview I was not in agreement with the video being used publicly."

Do they need to remove the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaunders View Post
    A friend and fellow podcaster is experiencing a strange issue with a guest he had on my show over a year ago. The show is a comedy based podcast and the guest knew what they were coming on for. There was nothing over the top said during the interview but a year later the guest contacted him and asked for them to take the interview here is what they stated in the email :

" HI I was wondering if you can please remove the interview I was not in agreement with the video being used publicly."

Do they need to remove the interview?
    That's a grey area for sure. In traditional broadcasting being on the air is implied as consent and will hold up in court.

A court could decide that, like traditional broadcasts, consent would be implied... BUT because it isn't necessarily live on air, such as with traditional broadcasts, then consent would need to be obtained through signature.

It could go either way. If it is the video he is upset with, then I would suggest keeping the mp3 and, for the time being, removing the video... Although that is just to be safe.

I tend to like to fight things like this and would probably tell them that I will not remove it. Then deal with the consequences if he were to pursue action.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I would remove it immediately as a courtesy. He has his reasons. Things change with time. It's not going to kill your friend to lose one interview.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Agree with Mike. Sage wisdom.