International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Longer Cable Runs

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar

Longer Cable Runs

A new thing that people are doing in the internet broadcasting world is moving equipment out of the studio. This can be done to get rid of noise or to cool down the room.

When buying cables 40+ feet you really have to watch what you are buying. I am the first one to buy cheap cables that will get the job done. For longer runs you really need to buy higher end cables, I have a 50 foot VGA cable made by StarTech. It works great for sending video to a TV across the room.

Before you buy those longer cables make sure you do your research and make sure they will work for the application.
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

We just moved all our skype machines and encoding machine to the basement. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be because of the cables I bought. the VGA Cables and DVI cables are giving me a lot of issues. I actually ordered the cable nick suggested. hoping that will fix the problem

On those long runs consider using Cat5e or Cat6e. The cables are generally easier to manage and are designed to run over those distances. The adaptors/convertors are not that expensive nowdays